Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pointers on products to use for machine polishing the wheels? I am going to pull them off, clean them, iron x, clay, then machine polish. Any pad and polish recommendations?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I don’t have much experience with car detailing either but here’s my suggestions. For polishing, I’d stick with hand polishing since there are so many nooks and crannies in those rims. Or you could try the Mother’s Polishing ball. For compound, I’ve had good results with Meguiars Ultimate Compound On car paint. It’s advertised as a hand or machine polish. For iron removers I like Sonax wheel cleaner. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks to be a painted/metallic finish. Beware of using a true metal polish, which is for raw aluminum/stainless - it could mar or damage your painted/clearcoated finish. It looks like brake dust and dirt accumulation. Use a wheel cleaner and gentle brush to agitate very well before you step up to mahcine polishing or using a metal polish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to use my brake buster, ironx, clay bar, then machine polish. Finish with Dlux. Thanks for the pointers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts