Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all....looking for some insight!!! Driving an 08 jgcsrt8

Well tonight I was driving and started getting on it a little, not to hard then all of a sudden there was a big clunk and my check engine light came on!! I stopped for a few minutes letting it idle and it was shaking and not idling good at all and the check engine light was flashing. It was groggy on acceleration. I got it home and plugged into in my scanner, po300 was the only code shown. I shut it of and started it back up and no code and idling seemed fine!!! Any ideas!!!?? I was getting ready to drive from Michigan to Florida!! Now I’m not so sure I should risk it!!!

·
Contributing Member
4,583 Posts
It is a random misfire code. Mileage? Mods? Only happens when WOT? OEM spark plugs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought last July, I believe no mods, oem plugs and not sure what wot is! It has 161000 it hasn’t happened since but I’ve only gotten on it a couple times and not real hard!! Got new plugs on the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HELP!!! Started Jeep up yesterday after work and it was chuggy!! Highway drove fine but slower speeds/less throttle it chugged again and threw a code. Po300
Multiple misfires, I changed the crankshaft position sensor and the misfires went away but at idle or slow throttle it’s still chugging and seeming like it’s going to die!!!??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts