Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience using a high-pressure washer to wash your Jeep? What do you use? Please recommend one for me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What is your budget? I use a Karcher k1700 and added better hose, sprayer etc from obsessed garage (Karcher Advanced Accessory Package).

I have no complaints with it so far and been using it for a few months now.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Gas or electric? I purchased an electric Sun Joe SPX3001. Based on online research, this model and the SXP3000 had a lot of good reviews. I’ve only used it a few time o wash the Jeep and other household chores and have no complaints. Plus, it might be on sale now during Amazon Prime days.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I use greenworks 2000psi and it works great. I use the different attachments so it’s very versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gas or electric? I purchased an electric Sun Joe SPX3001. Based on online research, this model and the SXP3000 had a lot of good reviews. I’ve only used it a few time o wash the Jeep and other household chores and have no complaints. Plus, it might be on sale now during Amazon Prime days.
I'll consider the electric one, cuz know nothing about the gas washers. Thanks for your recommendation. Great! We'll consider Electric Sun Joe SPX3001. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hasim, Yup, skip the gas ones, too much money. If you are just washing your Jeep occasionally, you don't need 3000-4000 PSI. You can buy models that kick out 1500-2000 PSI for $75 to $200 at Home Depot, Lowes, various auto parts stores.

By the way, if you live in a state where you get freezing temps, don't leave your pressure washer out in the garage during the winter. The water that stays in the pump will freeze and break parts. Bring it inside for the winter. I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My budget is under $300. Karcher k1700 is a bit expensive for me, but thanks a lot.
The k1700 is only $130 for the cube or $140 for the one with tires, well within your budget. I would get it and pair with this personally for your budget: Karcher MTM Non-Swiveling Sprayer/Wand/Foam Cannon Upgrade

Then get a cheap foam cannon and it will be better than what anyone else has recommended here for washing vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have experience using a high-pressure washer to wash your Jeep? What do you use? Please recommend one for me. Thanks in advance.
Neon Nick makes a great suggestion. Check out obsessedgarage.com and their YouTube videos. You'll find a lot of great information on pressure washers for cleaning your vehicle. I have the Karcher K1700 cube and it works great with a Kobrajet hose and MTM spray gun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You don't really want high pressure for washing cars, so a cheapy electric unit would suit your needs. High pressure/GPM gas-powered units risk shooting water into and through moulding, weather stripping, , plastics, seals, agitating damaged paint (rock chips), and can quickly destroy things in short order if you don't know what you're doing or aren't careful and is in general very risky. I do recommend you get a foam cannon as well, there are tons of good quality Chinese clones of the MTM Hydro units floating around. I have a commercial gas unit and a commercial electric unit for washing cars and I do find some use for the higher pressure of gas (wheels, wheel wells, truck suspension, bug splatters, low agitation wash, etc) - but you'd be better served w/ electric as it'll do everything you need with the cost of damage potential of gas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
PSI doesn't really mean much when you are using it for foaming a car, you want more GPM. I use a small RYOBI machine with a MATCC foam cannon, supplemented with a 1:1 orifice and Adam's car shampoo. Use warm water and you'll have plenty of foam.

Reactions: Hasim

·
Registered
3 Posts
By the way, If you are just doing the engine bay in your car. I've had really good luck with just a spray can of Gunk Degreaser ($7) and a garden hose. Seriously, you might need a couple of cans but your engine will look like new.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts