Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me. I am in need of some pictures of the 5" slash cut tips, installed on a corsa system flush to the bumper. They let some young kid install my tips. He cut them in half. And all you can see is the pipes sitting in whats left of my tips. Please get post pics of all angles of the install. I need this so I can make them fix this job.

Thanks
Will

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Got a pic of what they did? Where did you have it done so others member know not to go there?!?!?! I have 5" tips but they're not the angle cuts and on a Magnaflow. If you want to see a pic, ask. When we do them, we like to have the edge of the top lip be flush with the edge of the bumper cutout. Sorry to hear about your situation.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
How could they fix this if your tips were literally cut in half? Post a pic of what they did to your tips, maybe I'm just reading this wrong.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
first problem is leaving the shop without resolution. no real proof they did it now unless the kid fesses up. get them to pay for the new tips/exhaust if need be and go to another shop.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am to pissed to look at the truck right now. I dont wanna name the shop. They are an amazing speed shop that does great work. Been dealing with them since 1997. They just let the wrong guy do my tips. I will post pics tommorow. Just trying to get some pics to arm myself with when I go back monday.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
sucks that it happens to your own truck for sure. lucky its just tips and nothing major but terrible nonetheless. sad to say but one bad seed can ruin the whole reputation of a good company. they represent them and if they screw you over once, theyre done IMO

but i, as well as everyone, am looking forward to how they messed this simple job up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So what I think you're tying to say is that the kid cut your tips "in half"( in order to shorten the length) to be flush with the bumper. Right? The kid is the problem. Why didn't you present your problem to management when you picked up your rig?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well,, Shop pays for new tips or exhaust period...

get it repaired ASAP with overnight shipping..

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts