Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im in the process of doing some underhood clean up. And I hated the look of my throttle body so I figured id try some plasti dip on it I taped off the openings and the plug and put about 4 coats on it. I think it came out great. If you do this be sure to cut around the tape before you pull it off otherwise it will want to pull off plasti-dip past your tape line.;)

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I love that stuff. The stuff you can do with it never ends.
Yeah its pretty cool this is my first time using it. Its a good option for stuff that cant be powdercoated or refreshing plastic pieces. I used it on my OEM coil covers to and they look badass. Anything that can be powdercoated on my rig though will be I dont think plasti-dip is a substitute for powdercoat by any means.:D

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Plasti-dip my Vortech :D:thinkerg: JK , How does it hold up with heat ?

·
Registered
665 Posts
We should start a petition to get them to make more colors

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Plasti-dip my Vortech :D:thinkerg: JK , How does it hold up with heat ?
Guess we will find out I hope it holds up The throttle body doesnt seem to get to hot. There website says it can handle up to 200 F. You think the throttle body gets hotter then that?

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
If you do this be sure to cut around the tape before you pull it off otherwise it will want to pull off plasti-dip past your tape line.;)
Hahaha should I even ask how you know this? Prob after a few choice words ?

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hahaha should I even ask how you know this? Prob after a few choice words ��
No actually I watched some videos of people removing this stuff off wheels first to see how it reacted so I knew I was going to need to cut around the tape line before hand. :D

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a little update the plasti dip is holding up great the heat from the manifold.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Hey how much is that stuff for you guys to buy?

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Omg
Right who on here can export the stuff, plastidip UK want £15.99 a can which at today's exchange rate is over $25 a can

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.