Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
So even though i am selling the jeep I cant seem to stop doing little mods and having fun.
This weekend I randomly decide to black out the rear chrome strip. I also NEEDED TO RESPRAY THE CRAPPY REAR STEP. I AM SURE YOU ALL KNOW HOW FADED AND BAD THEY LOOK. Anyways find some pics below. For those of you with a faded rear step i strongly suggest this mod!!!

Enjoy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Looks good! Should've done the backup sensors too, did mine and they still work fine.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Looks good , how does it hold up when you rub your hands on it ?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I actually like the sensors in chrome it draws attention to the back of the car that tiny bit of contrast. But it really is a great product. I ever liked the rear step in carbon thought it looked terrible but this stuff made the pad look brand new.

@supabusa: this stuff is very durable sprayed the rear jeep emblem a year ago and it is still perfect. and say something did happen..well you just respray it and you always have the option to go back to chrome.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i hope mor epeople do this to their rear step its so easy to do and looks awesome

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Looks awesome

How many cans and coats did you have to use?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The rear step pad i did at least 4 coats. The rear chrome i did about 3-4 coats

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
The rear step pad i did at least 4 coats. The rear chrome i did about 3-4 coats
Say for the rear step, how many coats did you get out of a can. Just trying to figure out how many cans I'll need to buy so I don't run short in the middle of spraying stuff.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One can will be way more than you are going to use. You can by a second if you are concerned but i can guarantee all you need is one.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That looks nice. You still have the Jeep for sale?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes the jeep is still for sale

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I had the faded step as well and decided to try the plasti-dip on the rear step after reading this thread. Came out very nice!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
glad i inspired you to g ahead and do it. such an easy and nice looking mod

1 - 20 of 21 Posts