Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Plasti Dip Questions

Tags
plasti dip
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jkalbin 
#1 ·
I just found out about Plasti Dip and I'm going to be using it to redo my black powder coated winter wheels.

What I have questions about is the clear plasti dip because I want to try and use it as a chip guard on the side skirts and rear doors for winter. Can it be applied to our paint and removed at a later time without damaging the factory paint finish? Does it dry crystal clear and look similar to vinyl? Has anyone tried the clear plasti dip on factory finished wheels? Will it look dull?

#2 ·
never used it on factory finished wheels but i know the clear plastidip will not be crystal clear just like the colors are not a smooth sharp color. it will leave some orange peel texture and be a little bit hazy. definitely worth it for winter protection though. if you grab it right, it ill peel off in one big sheet when youre done with it. if youre doing black on the wheels anyway, just respray the wheel if you get a lot of rock chips or exposed parts. the clear wont make it look shiny or anything like that.

#3 ·
Also curious to see how well it works on the paint... I'm going to be going out west at the end of next month and putting on 5,000 miles easy, I might grab a can and do the front bumper and hood lip for rock protection :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.