Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much sums it up. Sprayed my wheels, took about 2 hours total and 3 cans. Don't have any good pictures yet as my digital is out of battery and my phone doesn't do it justice. It seriously looks professional and the over spray peels right off with no problem. I highly recommend doing it for fun. All my friends thought I got new rims, pretty funny.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i am confused, if the overspray peels easy, then shouldnt the paint ont he wheels peel easy also?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have chrome reps can I spray this on my wheels for the winter then pell off in the summer?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
146 Posts
i sprayed mine as well. somthing in the spray makes it stick better to some surfaces and not to other. the overspray on the tires will literally peel right off. the spray on the rim will stick very well and can be peeled off if you grab a corner or rub it like you were rubbing the mark black soled shoes leave on a floor.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you curb rash your rim, yes it's going to peel and your going to need to re spray the area that peeled. You can pressure wash it and take it through car washes. Stuff is amazing. You can spray pretty much everything. They make a clear that I'm going to do my lower valance with in the winter. You should have no issues with painting your reps. I mean for the cost who cares. Probably the best $20 mod I've ever done.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I can give you guys a little insight on this stuff. I have been using plasti-dip for 3 or 4 years. I used it to black out all my chrome accents because it looks good and figured it's easy to remove if you get any scratches or other damage. First time I had to respray was a few months after I sprayed it and it came off pretty easy. However last year I decided it was time for a touch up on my trim pieces. After baking in the sun for a few years this stuff doen't come off nearly as easily as the first time around. Definitely doesn't peel off in one piece anymore it's more like thousands of tiny pieces. and your fingers turn raw from trying to rub it off. I would go so far to say it's a pain in the ass to remove. So all in all this stuff looks good and holds up well just don't expect it to be the easiest removal after it's been on there a while.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I can give you guys a little insight on this stuff. I have been using plasti-dip for 3 or 4 years. I used it to black out all my chrome accents because it looks good and figured it's easy to remove if you get any scratches or other damage. First time I had to respray was a few months after I sprayed it and it came off pretty easy. However last year I decided it was time for a touch up on my trim pieces. After baking in the sun for a few years this stuff doen't come off nearly as easily as the first time around. Definitely doesn't peel off in one piece anymore it's more like thousands of tiny pieces. and your fingers turn raw from trying to rub it off. I would go so far to say it's a pain in the ass to remove. So all in all this stuff looks good and holds up well just don't expect it to be the easiest removal after it's been on there a while.
Great feedback...thanks!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
This stuff is so popular... Glad ya'll are loving it.. it sure looks good!

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
i need some pics sir! haha, i saw another guy do all his chrome with it and it looked good as well, but i think im gunna go another way for that. Rims would be great though, since i have a set of winter rims I think it would be awesome.

·
Registered
741 Posts
A friend of mine used it on the chrome wheels on his new Dodge Ram. It looks good. It's held up, but his dog jumped on one and put a little mark in one of em, so he's going to have to re-spray.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think I may try this out but went to home hardware and the store is sold out and the warehouse is out of stock

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Summit racing sells it online. That's were mine was ordered. Still waiting though, it's coming over the ocean....ZZzzzZzzzzzzzzzz

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Still no pictures???

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well after about a week and a half both my backs peeled off. BUUUUUUTTT I'm guessing because I was holding at 155+ for about 4-5 miles. I was going to my girlfriends house at 7:00am on Sunday which is about 8 miles away, well 8 miles takes about 3 minutes at that speed. Once I got there I backed in and noticed my left rear wheel wasn't black anymore, I then walked to the right side and same thing. Funny how the fronts had no issues though. Whatever, for $25 I dont care.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts