Team Hellcat
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

They also are turn signals.

I'll post some more pics

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
zoom out! would like to see the entire front end in day and night!
+1 No way to judge it with those small pictures

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
^^^^^^ Videoo FTW!

·
Team Hellcat
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
I've seen daytime LED lights like this a few years ago at the place that installed my HIDs, and I've always been curious to see how they would look on the Jeep. From the pics, it appears to be a clean install. I'd like to see how they look from further back (as others have suggested), or better yet, a roll-by video with them on. Thanks for posting!

·
Team Hellcat
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a picture in total darkness without any other lights on.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
THose look sweet!!! Only issue i have is it looks exactly like audi..

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
First off let me say I am trying to be nicer. I really am.

Aside from the fact that I think LED running lights are a silly fad, they are WAY too bright. They need to be about 25% the current brightness. Then I think they would look much better.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Looks good, I remember you talking about wanting to do these at mopar nats..

Now u need to bring it back to columbus for a car meet so I can see them

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks awesome dude!!!

·
Team Hellcat
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! I'll try and get some more pics and a video. I bought them on Ebay. There are a strip that sticks on with 3M tape. They are not Plug and Play. I had to fabricate all the wiring, connectors, fuses and switch. I only use them in the daytime with no other lights on. They are not as bright as they look in the pictures.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
you can fix the brightness issue by buying a small dimmer switch from autozone or even lowes or home depot

·
Registered
5 Posts
DIY instructions?

Thanks everyone! I'll try and get some more pics and a video. I bought them on Ebay. There are a strip that sticks on with 3M tape. They are not Plug and Play. I had to fabricate all the wiring, connectors, fuses and switch. I only use them in the daytime with no other lights on. They are not as bright as they look in the pictures.
These look great! I was wondering if you could post a short list of wiring instructions? e.g. where in the fusebox did you hookup for "ignition on" power? etc. thanks!

·
Team Hellcat
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I picked up the the power using the 12v power supply next to the battery. It was easy to find a ground. Since they are also turn signals, I spliced into the wires that go to the yellow (turnsignal) bulbs). I ran the wires (2) thru the firewall and installed an ON/OFF switch on the lower dash. It is not ignition ON. Each LED strip has 3 wires.
Power, Turn signal, Ground. I bought them on ebay. 39.95 plus shipping.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts