Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the deal went down today! Needless to say I am one happy camper. Thanks to all who gave advice in my other thread. It made a big difference particularly getting quotes on the trade. Got the dealer within hundreds of where i wanted them to be and got the jeep for about 300 over invoice!

Unfortunately mine has 3 season tires but my lost can be someones gain. PM if you have all seasons with very low miles and you want to do a swap or if you want to purchase some three seasons.
:D
Pictures to follow when i pick her up!

Will add to the reg. & will upgrade my membership.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Congrats! enjoy her ;)

Sent from my Iphone..follow me @ChahalJaggi

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brilliant black! I know it'll be lots of work to keep it clean, but my first car ever (the 97 sonoma in my sig.,which i use to call the batmobile) was black so i thought it only right to keep the tradition going. I see you are in NY which means you have similar weather and am curious about what you'll do for winter. This winter has been really mild, but I bet we don't get two years like this. I plan on going with after market wheels at some point and so will likely get a dedicated winter tire if I can't swap these for all seasons.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Brilliant black! I know it'll be lots of work to keep it clean, but my first car ever (the 97 sonoma in my sig.,which i use to call the batmobile) was black so i thought it only right to keep the tradition going. I see you are in NY which means you have similar weather and am curious about what you'll do for winter. This winter has been really mild, but I bet we don't get two years like this. I plan on going with after market wheels at some point and so will likely get a dedicated winter tire if I can't swap these for all seasons.
I have the Brilliant Black as well...the color is beautiful, but a pain in the ass to keep clean, but well worth it in my opinion. We were lucky this winter for sure. They say you shouldn't drive with summer tires below 40 degrees F. because it's a soft compound tire. When days were below that temp., I didn't hammer on it. I know they won't perform great in the snow, but if it happens this winter I will just drive like a little old lady, lol.I was undecided when I was purchasing, so I negotiated with the dealer and they would have swapped out the 3 season tires for the all seasons and adjusted the price, but I opted out. We basically have until next winter to worry about snow again, until then I may be on the look out for an extra set of wheels and tires and dedicate those for the winter, but for now temperatures are getting milder and you would really enjoy those 3 season tires. Good luck and let me know how you made out.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Good deal.

I got the dealer to eat the cost and replace my 3 season with all seasons.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
Whats the best way to post pics.?

Create a PhotoBucket account. Upload the pics there and then post the IMG code for each pic here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@ SLICK. I absolutely love it! I got the three seasons as the dealer knocked it off the price, but if I find the right person willing to swap I will. All seasons would be better for me with the new england wintera we normally get, plus if i ever get after market wheels I can run the all season as winters. If i don't get a swap and fo after market i have to buy two seta of tires and still wont have a use for the three seasons.

On another note truck is attracting aome major attention (hopefully it won't attract the wrong kind!)

Thx everyone!

A few pics taken with my phone have been added!

·
Registered
231 Posts
@ SLICK. I absolutely love it! I got the three seasons as the dealer knocked it off the price, but if I find the right person willing to swap I will. All seasons would be better for me with the new england wintera we normally get, plus if i ever get after market wheels I can run the all season as winters. If i don't get a swap and fo after market i have to buy two seta of tires and still wont have a use for the three seasons.

On another note truck is attracting aome major attention (hopefully it won't attract the wrong kind!)

Thx everyone!

A few pics taken with my phone have been added!
I'm glad you love her, who wouldn't lol. You should list the 3 season tires on the classifieds, I'm sure they'll sell rather quick. Any plans to mod? I tinted windows to match factory, debadged+rebadged, powder coated wheels gloss black, air intake, and exhaust.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.