Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our Jeep already had a system installed and outside of swapping some speakers out, we’ve been pretty happy with the sound and build of it all. The current head unit is the Kenwood DNX9140, which is ok, but we’ve dealt with it. At the end of May, my wife came home bitching about it locking up and wanted a new one, so I started researching. :grin2:

We didn’t care about the DVD portion, but I knew I wanted an Excelon unit with the new 720p screen and the most recent Android processor, which is supposed to be fast. The 9140 is slow as balls and obviously dated (2009). I’m excited about CarPlay for Nav, especially once iOS 12 comes out (can use Google Maps).

I would have gone with the DMX905S, but the screen was the same as last year’s products. That’s not a bad thing, just not what I was after.

Long story short, we settled on the DDX9905S and I got a killer deal on it @ Pacific Stereo with their coupons. I’ll post some pics of it all once I get it installed. Adding a front cam for the bumper, too (parking clearance).

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Between life and some shit with the Jeep, it’s not in yet. I will update this thread with pics as soon as it’s done!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who did you get yours through? I have the same head unit the 9140, but I would like an updated version in my 07.
Got it from Pacific Stereo. They have good customer service and they always have coupons on their site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any update? Is it installed?
Did changing the H/U happen to improve the quality of the backup camera view? The camera view is the biggest complaint I have about the interior of my Jeep.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I haven’t yet. I would have held off a while if I’d known what I was up against the past few months. I will begin working on the SRT again this week (trans or converter issue), and won’t get the Kenwood installed until I have that sorted out and fully resolved.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would love to see it. Did you retain steering wheel stereo controls with it?
FINALLY got it swapped out. Decided to go with the new mic in case it’s any better. I’ll get pics tomorrow.
Any update? Is it installed?
Did changing the H/U happen to improve the quality of the backup camera view? The camera view is the biggest complaint I have about the interior of my Jeep.
It’s installed now, but the backup cam is still shitty. I might try something cheap that fits like OEM and see if it’s any better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts