Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KINGMONKEY'S thread on the Weathertech cargo mat reminded me I have to get a pet divider for my dog. When I ordered my ride in November, Mopar didn't have anything useable, but I see Weathertech has a nice unit now for the 2012 SRT8. Just wondering if anybody has experience with other brands, and could share some feedback. What are other 2012ers doing to keep their pets off the suede?

By the way, I've got a 55 pd Vizsla (Hungarian retriever). You'll never see such a pretty ass dog in all your born days! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
the weathertech pet barrier looks like the generic model you can buy at many places. i used it in my wk1 and it wasn't great. if you stop fast or if the dog hits it it can come loose. haven't tried it in my wk2 yet. still with its shortcomings it was the best thing i found. the travall barrier looked awesome, but no way in hell i'd pay $300 or whatever they wanted for it.

with the sub box in the wk1 it forced me to place the barrier a little further back. in the wk2 there should be a little more room now for my boys as the sub has moved.

btw, great vizsla. i love those dogs.

Reactions: Shake

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Pet's ride in the Jeep!! :eek:
LOL, yeah.

I have a 80 pound 4 year old boxer, slobbers everywhere

And I have a 8 week old 11 pound boxer. No slobbers yet.

Interested in what people have.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Travall is by far the best on the market & worth every cent! & they make one for the WK2. I have tried the generic friction fit ones in the back of my WK1 but again the same problem with the dog falling against it under braking & knocking it over. Now just imagine where the dogs would end up in a crash not to mention the carnage they'd cause on the way through. Before you knock the price of Travall, consider how it is secured in the vehicle.

First of all, it is custom made for the Jeep with 3 legs on each side, 2 sit on the window sill, the 3rd against the front sill to prevent forward movement. To secure all this in place, there is a J hook on each side that hooks onto the back seat latches with a screw down knob to tighten them in place. This thing isn't going anywhere & neither is your dog. There are close up pictures on their website that you can look at.

Seriously fellas, with the amount of $ we spend on our rigs each year for mods, is $300ish too much to spend on the safety of our loved ones? It totally depends on what's more important. Keep the dog off the leather or safety or both. That alone will determine how much you want to spend.

I can tell you as an owner that they are extremely well designed with a good quality build. In my vehicle, it does not interfere with my dual Kicker sub or my cargo cover. Thought you guys would like to hear from someone that has one.

Cheers!

P.S. Another thing I did as an extra measure is to have my hardware store make up a short vinyl covered piece of clothes line with a clasp on each end to attach to the seat latch & her collar. It serves 2 purposes. An extra layer of safety & prevents her from jumping out of the car when the hatch is up

Reactions: Shake

·
Registered
405 Posts
Travall is by far the best on the market & worth every cent! & they make one for the WK2. I have tried the generic friction fit ones in the back of my WK1 but again the same problem with the dog falling against it under braking & knocking it over. Now just imagine where the dogs would end up in a crash not to mention the carnage they'd cause on the way through. Before you knock the price of Travall, consider how it is secured in the vehicle.

First of all, it is custom made for the Jeep with 3 legs on each side, 2 sit on the window sill, the 3rd against the front sill to prevent forward movement. To secure all this in place, there is a J hook on each side that hooks onto the back seat latches with a screw down knob to tighten them in place. This thing isn't going anywhere & neither is your dog. There are close up pictures on their website that you can look at.

Seriously fellas, with the amount of $ we spend on our rigs each year for mods, is $300ish too much to spend on the safety of our loved ones? It totally depends on what's more important. Keep the dog off the leather or safety or both. That alone will determine how much you want to spend.

I can tell you as an owner that they are extremely well designed with a good quality build. In my vehicle, it does not interfere with my dual Kicker sub or my cargo cover. Thought you guys would like to hear from someone that has one.

Cheers!

P.S. Another thing I did as an extra measure is to have my hardware store make up a short vinyl covered piece of clothes line with a clasp on each end to attach to the seat latch & her collar. It serves 2 purposes. An extra layer of safety & prevents her from jumping out of the car when the hatch is up
all valid points. and i like the leash idea as some dogs would have the desire to jump out when the gate is opened. i know mine are ready to rock when i open the gate.

i just wish travall would find a us distributor so we didn't have to pay $100+ shipping on top of the $170 for the gate.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I assume there is a US distributor as thats where mine shipped from.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I think I paid around $100 @ the time too but it definately shipped from the US which suprised me @ the time. It was really quick too!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I'm laying $ on the pet barrier!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.