Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Perhaps the battery is ready?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  White Elemant 
#1 ·
Well first, my auto start started acting up then, random alerts for suspension which went away, then the struggle of push start and turning over. Lights flickering unless running, then I tried auto start multiple times and made the cylinders shut down. Yikes but that went away luckily. Decided to check the battery since I only had it for a year now. Turns out it's the original battery 🤣 2014-Feb-07, I'm proud it made it beyond 8 years. Lol hopefully this fixes the random issues since I haven't seen any frayed wires.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas

See less See more
  • Wow
Reactions: White Elemant
#4 ·
hey folks, so new battery didnt help. Found the wire for the left rear shock was damaged and repaired prior to my buying the jeep, we repaired it again but the alert is still on the dash messages although my suspension selection seems to work.

I am still having intermittent start issues, sometimes it works sometimes it takes three tries before the push button start works. Same for auto start, it randomly works on the first try sometimes not at all. I wonder if the starter itself is going?

#7 ·
hey folks, so new battery didnt help. Found the wire for the left rear shock was damaged and repaired prior to my buying the jeep, we repaired it again but the alert is still on the dash messages although my suspension selection seems to work.

I am still having intermittent start issues, sometimes it works sometimes it takes three tries before the push button start works. Same for auto start, it randomly works on the first try sometimes not at all. I wonder if the starter itself is going?
Wouldn't hurt to start testing the starter! if you have it removed most shops can have it tested!

#6 ·
Oh I did that first lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.