Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a trustworthy hemi performance shop in MN or nearby...willing to driving to Wisconsin/Chicago? I am not taking my Jeep to HiTech Motorsports, Sharadon Performance or DB Performance. I have a stockish jeep (intake, headers, exhaust, tune) and looking to do an aggressive enough cam that would require upgraded valve springs and pushrods. Will probably leave heads alone (I know...i know) if the shop is willing to replace valve springs without pulling heads. My long-term goal is to do a turbo on stock block and paramount trans, but that's about $20+25k...no need to tell me if can be done for a lot less as I can't do my own install and by the time you add misc ins and outs (gages, 2step, torque converter, flex plate, custom fab since I have headers, it’s over $20K all day long). I have looked at BFNY, True Streep Motorsports, Demon, but they are 14-19 hrs drive one way from MN or at least $500 if I drive it one way and fly back...x2 if I deliver it and pick it up. Seems a bit silly to pay over $1k in transport costs (gas, tolls, airplane tickets, food, plus putting 3,000 miles on the jeep) and 48 hrs of personal time just for a cam install. Maybe I should just suck it up and save for a turbo/trans, but I don't foresee to be able to justify that kind of expense in the next 3-5 years while, but dropping up to $5k and getting another 40-50hp sounds totally doable now. I also hope stock trans can handle the upgraded cam as I don't feel like getting BB valve body ($1k+ if I want to keep my stock one). Might splurge on TCM though. I could possible do heads…but it would push total spend into $8k+ installed…and would for sure require at least the upgraded valve body, plus the transport costs lol. Also, even though I have a couple of mechanically buddies, they are all into imports and don’t feel confident enough messing with my Jeep. Plus, remove tuning is almost non-existent these days as Jerseyboy and AJ seem to no longer do side jobs and the other “tooner” has had mixed reviews lately. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you ever mind a shop in MN? Because now I bought a cam along with lifters, springs, and pushrods that I need to get installed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts