Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my transmission and torque converter replaced and didnt even make it home from the shop and got a check engine light, checked it with trinity and it was bank 1 lean(PO171 if I remember right). Called the shop and they said bring it back so we can look at it. They removed the one of the headers and exhaust to get the trans out. They checked the exhaust and no leaks and the o2 sensors are working correctly. They are saying since they had the battery disconnected for a extended period of time that the pcm reflashed itself back to stock. Say I should reload the trinity tune and that should fix it. Have heads/cam/intake/exhaust. Ive never heard of that happening, is it possible?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it to Anderson. At the time I was stranged and not alot of options. I reflashed the last tune written and went for a test drive, between 2 people, various conditions no issues. Low speed, highway, parking lots, ran great, afr gauge seemed rather stable. Previously it would bounce around a bit in the higher ranges. "Thought" all was good and drove it home, couple hours later, just starting it set the code. Took it back to the shop, they scanned it, cleared it, let it idle and it went out. Friday morning wife drives it to work, light comes on, afr gauge everywhere- almost full sweeps. I scan it again and same code, clear it, I drive it 30-45 min and no light. Was parked in the garage prior to her leaving for work, I later noticed theres a 2-3 foot blast of something black on the ground from the exhaust Im guessing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Problem is I don't know of any real shop in this area that could work on his Jeep and know what they are doing. Even the stealership around here are idiots when it comes to working on a Jeep SRT8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever resolved the issue? Dropped the transmission, and after starting the truck I get a p0032 code and multiple misfire p0300. I was think the pcm reflash since the battery was disconnected for two days, I don't know if PO had it tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Did they put the 02 sensors back in correctly? They may have reversed them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes they were marked before removal, if they were wrong I would get a code for all sensors wouldn't I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah Ive been out of the loop. I had the trans replaced. Several issues. Shop claimed the tune was lost due to sitting. I checked with a few sources and they said BS. But I did reload the trinity tune and it seemed to run better. Still had issues. Owner of the shop took it out and it slowly drove better. I had something come up and I did a log and sent it to the tuner. I logged the wrong one so it was limited data but tuner said it looked like the o2 were backwards. I mentioned o2 to the shop they said "we never removed them". But they did have to remove the header to remove the trans. It was odd that I was getting the code for the side they removed. But the engine ended up going so I sold it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts