Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed 275/315 setup and love it.but I just noticed the rear passenger tire rubs against the control ARM bolt and is tearin rubber off the inside of the tire.has anyone had this issue and can it be fixed without having to downsize the tire? : /

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
What brand tire?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
My NT05s and NT05Rs both rub on the plastic liner on the passenger rear slightly, but not the control arm. There is about 1/8-1/4" clearance between the tire and sway bar link on mine.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are bridgestone dueler sport.but its only the pass rear.the space is as thin as two sheets of paper.the other side is fine.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
My NT05s and NT05Rs both rub on the plastic liner on the passenger rear slightly, but not the control arm. There is about 1/8-1/4" clearance between the tire and sway bar link on mine.
Same. I have invos and both of my rears rub on the plastic a little, but nothing else.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
there is an aftermarket bwoody sway bar you can get. i think you can also get smaller bolts as well.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Only my passenger rear nt05 rubs the plastic part, clear of everything else though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No.everything suspension wise is stock.think it just might he the tire?they were used.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
They are bridgestone dueler sport.but its only the pass rear.the space is as thin as two sheets of paper.the other side is fine.
This tire in particular is known for doing this as they are wider then any other 315 tire out there.... I would change out the sway bar link bolt on that passenger rear side to a low profile one and see if it gives you more clearance. PM Mario aka QBNKID he has the same tires....

Check out the thread below and look at the link in post #8....

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42450

1 - 10 of 10 Posts