Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Is this a noise that you hear when going over rough roads or train tracks or something? I kinda hear something that sounds like the back glass rattling from the passenger side, and the dealer is going to attempt to fix it via the "We owe" thing that they signed when I bought the car...but maybe its a fruitless chase?

· Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Have you tried to drop the rear seatbacks down and see if it goes away? Some posts I read said it was where the seat locks into the bracket.

· Registered
59 Posts
I had the same issue and it drove me nuts. By dumb luck I put the seats down to haul something and it went away. First I put the driver side up and drove around and all good. Then did the same thing on the passenger side and there it was. I checked the hardware and it is all tight. I couldnt figure it out so I put some electrical tape on the bracket and it quit. Not a fix i like to do but it worked for now. Im looking for help as well to fix this for good.

· Registered
4,269 Posts
I have crickets too!

I know what it is (for my Jeep)
Its in my passenger seat - area. IDK if its in the rear but definitely cricket sounds in the front passenger area.

Its the factory door speaker squeaking in my case. I tested it by knocking on the plastic door panel with my palm. I could hear crickets when I knock around the speaker.
The factory speaker setup (if you dont have the boston acoustics upgrade) is crap!

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
I have crickets too!

I know what it is (for my Jeep)
Its in my passenger seat - area. IDK if its in the rear but definitely cricket sounds in the front passenger area.

Its the factory door speaker squeaking in my case. I tested it by knocking on the plastic door panel with my palm. I could hear crickets when I knock around the speaker.
The factory speaker setup (if you dont have the boston acoustics upgrade) is crap!
Yup have crickets as well in my beast and it sounds like its coming from the rear passenger door area. Take when I take off in the beast and don't hear it any other time while driving the Jeep.

· Premium Member
1,080 Posts
If it's not the seat try bouncing the beast up and down with the engine off...if you hear it then it may be the parking brake cable rubbing on the rear diff housing.

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
If it's not the seat try bouncing the beast up and down with the engine off...if you hear it then it may be the parking brake cable rubbing on the rear diff housing.
Good idea man!

Thanks!

· Registered
3,771 Posts
THat is what's happening to mine. My JEEP is lowered that's why it's rubbing. I thought about re-routing the cables over the swaybar but I don't know if that's possible. I mean how would I even remove the cables? What did you do to yours?

· Premium Member
1,080 Posts
THat is what's happening to mine. My JEEP is lowered that's why it's rubbing. I thought about re-routing the cables over the swaybar but I don't know if that's possible. I mean how would I even remove the cables? What did you do to yours?

It rubbed against the sway bar not the diff housing...simple fix...Here ya go bro...http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48580

Still working fine on my mine.

Reactions: Knuckles
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.