Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally completed the project! Thanks to DCSPECIAL for the tips on how these damn halos fit! I only broke one! lol :D

Its really hard to get a good picture of what these look like at night.... The picture shows the whole headlight lit up, but its really not. They look great at night.

Click for video

Love the 4 channel wireless remote. Only downfall... i dont know whats on or off unless i go look at them.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Looks amazing kmitch, great work! I can't wait to do my fogs. What do you have them wired up to for power, a remote or a switch?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow that looks absolutely BAD A$$, good work!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Could you somehow wire an LED indicator to the receiver switch to indicate that it's on, and put it in a discrete place on the dash? Not sure how it works, but I'm sure Dan could come up with something!

Looks awesome as well...very EVIL.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm.... possible.... The halos are turned on and off via the ground wire.... so maybe wire in an LED after the controller but before the halo. I would need 3 leds for each light tho. Good idea! im gonna have to look into this. Dan do you think it'd work?

Could you somehow wire an LED indicator to the receiver switch to indicate that it's on, and put it in a discrete place on the dash? Not sure how it works, but I'm sure Dan could come up with something!

Looks awesome as well...very EVIL.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Yeah Dan, it wouldnt have broke if i didnt try to make it fit on the outside instead of the inside. I was just a little irritated and trying to make it fit where it didnt go.
Ah, yeah I could see that being an issue.

Hmmm.... possible.... The halos are turned on and off via the ground wire.... so maybe wire in an LED after the controller but before the halo. I would need 3 leds for each light tho. Good idea! im gonna have to look into this. Dan do you think it'd work?

I haven't messed with their 4 channel controller....yet, but I'm sure that something could be done.
I have only used their multi-function, the color shift and a different remote from a different company. I may use their new 2-channel soon along with their 4 channel. Possibly.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think my anxiousness to get it done caused that one.... im bad at that. I dont have alot of patience when it comes to mods. i always want them done NOW.

Ah, yeah I could see that being an issue.

I haven't messed with their 4 channel controller....yet, but I'm sure that something could be done.
I have only used their multi-function, the color shift and a different remote from a different company. I may use their new 2-channel soon along with their 4 channel. Possibly.
The 4 channel is basically the same as the multi channel i belive. I think everything still wires in to the controller as a ground. I'll give it a try when i get home. I think ive got some LED's laying around

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.