Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had this issue with my '15 SRT, but it was very seldom. The current issue is with my '18 TH but I thought since it seems to be the same problem, somebody encountered this.

I use paddles a lot and have zero issues when driving aggressively. But when using them (regardless of drive mode) when driving at lower RPMs (below 3k) when I request and upshift is actually down shifts. Sometimes it does nothing as well.

Now I know that sometimes your cannot upshift due to some predefined parameters, but in that case the cluster displays shift not allowed message. This is not the case. The car doesnt up shift, or it will actually down shift. Seems very random to me. But it is for sure when driving easy/coasting. Like in traffic or mellow driving around the streets.

Anybody have this issue?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello,

I have had this issue with my '15 SRT, but it was very seldom. The current issue is with my '18 TH but I thought since it seems to be the same problem, somebody encountered this.

I use paddles a lot and have zero issues when driving aggressively. But when using them (regardless of drive mode) when driving at lower RPMs (below 3k) when I request and upshift is actually down shifts. Sometimes it does nothing as well.

Now I know that sometimes your cannot upshift due to some predefined parameters, but in that case the cluster displays shift not allowed message. This is not the case. The car doesnt up shift, or it will actually down shift. Seems very random to me. But it is for sure when driving easy/coasting. Like in traffic or mellow driving around the streets.

Anybody have this issue?
I've had this issue on a 15 SRT. Just changed the + paddle shifter. Issue solved.

·
Registered
136 Posts
like you said, it has to fit in certain paramotors... If I try a force an upshift that falls outside of that... it will say shift not allowed... I used my shifters when the engine is cold to keep the RPM's a little lower... until it warms up...

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
like you said, it has to fit in certain paramotors... If I try a force an upshift that falls outside of that... it will say shift not allowed... I used my shifters when the engine is cold to keep the RPM's a little lower... until it warms up...
Ya I also use them in traffic to keep RPMs low, so I short shift a bunch. I also use them when engine is cold, as you do. I think it's a cool option to have. My problem is the cluster doesn't display the not allowed message and very often it down shifts, which is the opposite of the request.

Imo there is something not right. Just wish I could figure out a pattern or the why. Anyhow could be just a faulty electrical connection in the paddle assembly I guess

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ya I also use them in traffic to keep RPMs low, so I short shift a bunch. I also use them when engine is cold, as you do. I think it's a cool option to have. My problem is the cluster doesn't display the not allowed message and very often it down shifts, which is the opposite of the request.

Imo there is something not right. Just wish I could figure out a pattern or the why. Anyhow could be just a faulty electrical connection in the paddle assembly I guess
ok, I never had that issue...

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
59 Posts
My 14 did it once to me and I thought it was me but seeing this I can say yea I had it happen where it reduces instead of up shifts. I’m with you on the curiosity of it tho. Rather mitigate it before it decides to downshift at redline. Makes me leary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts