Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the paddle shifters be replaced easily. My downshift paddle has had play in it since delivery. I forgot to mention it when I was at the dealership having the top radiator hose replaced last month. It functions correctly but has just enough play to be a problem and i dont want to leave the thing at the dealer while they figure out what to do.

any advice is appreciated

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went ahead and had the oil changed ahead of the preferred schedule. While doing so the tech took off the panel and yes the paddle screw was loose. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
413 Posts
My paddle shifters both seem to be loose, like when I hit bumps you can hear them vibrate.....they make a noise like someone lightly tapping on metal. Anyone else have this problem? Do you guys have any play in yours or are they tight?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Mine are tight as a drum. Get them to check the screws, I've heard of at least 2 people that this has been the problem. Easy fix hopefully.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The ones in my 300 are tight as well, definitely have them tightened up

·
Registered
346 Posts
My paddle shifters both seem to be loose, like when I hit bumps you can hear them vibrate.....they make a noise like someone lightly tapping on metal. Anyone else have this problem? Do you guys have any play in yours or are they tight?
My right shifter is making the same noise! It was killing me! Finally figured out where it was coming from, going to try and tighten her down today though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My right shifter is making the same noise! It was killing me! Finally figured out where it was coming from, going to try and tighten her down today though.
Mine is not making the noise but there is a small amount of play in the right one as well. I took the back cover off and I couldn't find anything that would tighten it up.

·
Registered
346 Posts
ya, I just took the cover off and broke some of the latches dammit. Where can I get a new panel?

·
Registered
346 Posts
anyone have a part number for the right panel?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Called parts dept. and gave them my VIN and they said they cant find the panel... Said that they never went into production. Ya good job.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Called parts dept. and gave them my VIN and they said they cant find the panel... Said that they never went into production. Ya good job.
I went through a similar situation for a hood silencer/liner. I wouldn't leave without it ordered. They need to call Chrysler and they can look up the part number. Turns out the hood liner wasn't catalogued properly, that's why they couldn't find it at the dealer. I got the parts manager and told them its straight up BS. They are building the Jeeps in Detroit right now, the part is on the assembly line. Now get me the f-ing part. I got what I wanted. I gave them hell, but someone had to motivate them.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
I went through a similar situation for a hood silencer/liner. I wouldn't leave without it ordered. They need to call Chrysler and they can look up the part number. Turns out the hood liner wasn't catalogued properly, that's why they couldn't find it at the dealer. I got the parts manager and told them its straight up BS. They are building the Jeeps in Detroit right now, the part is on the assembly line. Now get me the f-ing part. I got what I wanted. I gave them hell, but someone had to motivate them.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 4S
You go, gurl :D

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
You go, gurl :D
haha, I had to do what I had to do. Some people just need some motivation to make them work. If I want something I'll get it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.