Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will they make the package delete available? is this a 2013-2014 option or also on the 2012 model? I thought this was mentioned a while ago.

The SRT high performance Audio and Luxury group II are still not removable when you build one on the website.

Anyone have some info on this?

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Just a guess but Ralph said they are all sold for this year, so if that is true it would have to be next year.

Jim

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So all 25 being build are sold out? lol j/k

It's crazy that all who bought now got the luxury II pack and SRT audio package shoved down their throats then.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I dont know about you, but I would rather pay the extra coin to have them :lol: nothing worse then jumping into your 70K new SUV and listening to a crappy stereo ..

but it would be nice to have the option !

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
I dont know about you, but I would rather pay the extra coin to have them :lol: nothing worse then jumping into your 70K new SUV and listening to a crappy stereo ..

but it would be nice to have the option !
Exactly. On any new car, if I'm buying it, I want every option available. Yes, it does cost more, but I also find that it helps it hold the value. But hey, if your spending $62k, you can spend the near $70k.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I don't give a crap about a stupid stereo! It just adds weight anyway :)

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder what they, the lux pack and stereo, weigh combined! Maybe a 50-100 lbs in total?

Anyway, the point was to lose the extra $$$$, I honestly have zero use for that luxury package, that's 5k wasted.

And why call it an option when you can not remove it.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Its not that they are all sold to some one, just supposedly the dealers have ordered them all. My dealer in town has 4 ordered & they did order 1 how I wanted it in case I take it, not, but the other 3 have no interest yet that I am aware of.

Jim

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Agreed on the resale value. Huge difference. You may save money up front but you lose out in the end. IMHO

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Does the wk2 have the dre beats audio option??

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
That may help explain the outrageous price. Dre Beats have about a 75% premium on them because they have Dre's endorsement.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't think there will be any changes this year. Ralph was trying to calm the noise about price when he indicated that they may re-think the packages. I don't buy the whole explanation for requiring the "options". Standardizing on the luxury package and srt audio should have allowed them to reduce costs, not a good reason to raise higher than intro pricing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts