Engine Family: Mopar Hemi Gen III
Transmission Make: Mopar
Transmission Type: NAG1
Has anybody used it?
Thanks for responding!

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
The only performance TCM that is worth buying IMO is the Karma/Brunt TCM. The above TCM has been out for years and the gains weren't worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: Jfra

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
You lose auto upshift when in gear select mode with the MOPAR TCM if I remember correctly...

That is reason enough to go with the Karma TCM.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How well does the karma play with diablo t2 platinum? Other than auto stick what makes karma better? Is there a reccomended place to purchase the karma tcm?
Thanks guys!!

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
The only performance TCM that is worth buying IMO is the Karma/Brunt TCM. The above TCM has been out for years and the gains weren't worth it in my opinion.
You lose auto upshift when in gear select mode with the MOPAR TCM if I remember correctly...

That is reason enough to go with the Karma TCM.
The one they made previously was not for the Jeep it was for the LX/LY platform. This is something different/new

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Just message BJB and he will give you all the info you need to know... We've both been through many TCMs already for this platform and they are countless threads about them.

How well does the karma play with diablo t2 platinum? Other than auto stick what makes karma better? Is there a reccomended place to purchase the karma tcm?
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read several threads but all i could find was older ones and this tcm is a new version from mopar performance so i thought I'd ask around.

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
What is the difference between the Karma TCM and Paramount Performance TCM? The labeling on both look similar. Rebrand?
Nothing. Karma supplies them to PP

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well after tons of research on the nag1 transmission i went ahead and purchased the new mopar performance tcm for the jeep,I'll install and test when i get back home in a couple of weeks, thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Well after tons of research on the nag1 transmission i went ahead and purchased the new mopar performance tcm for the jeep,I'll install and test when i get back home in a couple of weeks, thanks for everyones input.

$100 the Karma TCM is a superior product. I wonder what all the fast jeeps run?

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
$100 the Karma TCM is a superior product. I wonder what all the fast jeeps run?

Not the Mopar TCM...

Although, I have had plenty of them sent to me as cores.

The Mopar TCM doesn’t have:

~Auto upshift
~Raised max RPM
~Adaptives can soften performance over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPEEDDEMON

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mopar performance confirms the updated version does indeed remove auto shift which I'm used to full manual valve body so this is a plus for me,max rpm has been changed to 7300 rpm, adaptives can change depending on driving style, they also claim it's the most aggressive tcm currently on the market, since i dont own 1 yet i can only go by what members in several forum have said about the new updated mopar performance tcm, the nice thing is that it will either live up to it's claim or I'll have a stock tcm to send off for a core on a karma and my jeep has no down time either way I'm a winner, thank you for cluing me in on the karma I'm not ignoring your advise rather I'm embracing it as a guaranteed fix if mopar performance falls on its face.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Mopar performance confirms the updated version does indeed remove auto shift which I'm used to full manual valve body so this is a plus for me,max rpm has been changed to 7300 rpm, adaptives can change depending on driving style, they also claim it's the most aggressive tcm currently on the market, since i dont own 1 yet i can only go by what members in several forum have said about the new updated mopar performance tcm, the nice thing is that it will either live up to it's claim or I'll have a stock tcm to send off for a core on a karma and my jeep has no down time either way I'm a winner, thank you for cluing me in on the karma I'm not ignoring your advise rather I'm embracing it as a guaranteed fix if mopar performance falls on its face.

Best of luck but auto upshift aids in consistency and at the track that is everything. The first time you bounce it off the limiter due to the deep 1st gear or you shift early you will think otherwise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Best of luck but auto upshift aids in consistency and at the track that is everything. The first time you bounce it off the limiter due to the deep 1st gear or you shift early you will think otherwise.
Yeah the side ways shifting is a learning experience for us old guys used to bump sticks, it's good to know that the karma retains that function, might have to wire in a paddle shifter.

·
4,862 Posts
I haven't heard 1 person tout any benefits of this in any forum / Facebook page I'm on... What are the "other forum's" you reference??

·
4,862 Posts
I know someone pretty high up in Mopar... and.....

I’m not using a Mopar TCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven't heard 1 person tout any benefits of this in any forum / Facebook page I'm on... What are the "other forum's" you reference??
Well if i knew is was going to be called a liar i would have changed my browser settings to not clear after closing and since there wasn't a need to right them down i didn't but im sure you can search out the other hemi, jeep, scatpack etc forums and find some srt guys in there as i did. Not sure why you even care other than maybe a little pronoid megalomania. You do realize these are raced all over the world and not every racer is in a forum or even cares about Facebook right? Have a nice day guys dont bother replying cause i don't have time for petty little bickering.

·
4,862 Posts
Well if i knew is was going to be called a liar i would have changed my browser settings to not clear after closing and since there wasn't a need to right them down i didn't but im sure you can search out the other hemi, jeep, scatpack etc forums and find some srt guys in there as i did. Not sure why you even care other than maybe a little pronoid megalomania. You do realize these are raced all over the world and not every racer is in a forum or even cares about Facebook right? Have a nice day guys dont bother replying cause i don't have time for petty little bickering.
So for the record... Zero forum's referenced.. Thanks Bob! :x

Reactions: kenta
1 - 20 of 34 Posts