Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give insight. Stranded on side of the road. Jeep threw the p2172 code and started hesitating badly. It.showing throttle actuator. Wont even started and here a little of something clanking almost. Can someone give insight?

Thanks
Tk

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Looks like it could be MAP sensor related or vacuum leak. Hopefully it is nothing more serious like lost compression due to other internal issues. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jfra! Thats the same stuff i found. Hoping as well it is nothing serious. And hopefully my warranty covers it

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So im assuming that the dealership got the rig running bc they now hear a squeal that i have been complaining about. They said it is not the water pump but will get the pump replaced under warranty.
The confusion lies when the Dealership said i might have a bad engine bearing. WTF does that mean. I have ported heads, cam, and upgraded valvetrain.

Reactions: Jfra

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update... dealer never got her running. They replaced the map sensor and not the problem. They hear a clanking in the motor and are currently opening her up.

Would this be a good time to forge her up while shes open. I know the costs of the pistons and rods. Is there anything else i should consider? Maybe replacing the crank to do a 6.1 base 392?

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Damn man. Hope nothing major. Hey if you have the money, I would go ahead and forge if you plan to boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Broken valve spring. Hopefully nothing else

Reactions: Jfra
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.