Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have a '13 Jeep GC SRT8. Yesterday a check engine light popped up. The codes read by the OBD were P0520 (engine oil pressure sensor circuit malfunction) and P0305 (cylinder 5 misfire). I started by replacing the oil pressure sensor by a new one. Erased the codes but both of them popped again. When accelerating I feel a loss of power and hear a rattling sound. Currently my oil pressure at idle is 90-91 psi. The oil level is correct. Could my problem be internal (connecting rod, rod bearings, etc.)?

·
Premium Member
2013 Wk2 Srt8
128 Posts
At idle the factory spec for oil pressure is is between 5 to 50 psi 90 is way to high even under wot that is high sounds like you’ve got some oil passage blocked somewhere which could be the rocker to pushrod cause maybe you got a bent pushrod are you blowing any smoke the bent pushrod would make the noise and loss of power you need to pull the valve cover off the right hand side if your standing in front of the car facing the engine, unplug your fuel pump relay and all injectors and crank the engine over and what has what is happening on the 3rd cylinder from the front. You defiantly don’t want to drive it anymore or you’ll destroy your heads

·
Registered
1 Posts
Change the oil pressure switch to start with is have had dozens of hemis throw those 2 codes when it was at chrysler dealership thats the most common and cheapest option

1 - 3 of 3 Posts