Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
The other point to make is there will be a new set of SRT's out relatively soon (within 2 years im sure) based on the new 2 row JGC. May be no Hellcat based trackhawk but SRT is not going away. What do you suppose will happen to the used older body style?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The other point to make is there will be a new set of SRT's out relatively soon (within 2 years im sure) based on the new 2 row JGC. May be no Hellcat based trackhawk but SRT is not going away. What do you suppose will happen to the used older body style?
No idea. With minor offsets and 1.5” lowering, IMO this existing style will look great for years…

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was wondering kind of the same things, as Im in the market myself and back from overseas. Ive been monitoring the market for about 6 months, so was just wondering if anybody had knowledge of where the prices "should be?" just for some context?

I am looking for a 2017 or 2018 with low miles, and since I've been looking they are hovering in the high 50s and 60s. Any spitball of what that reflects pricewise outside this bubble?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was wondering kind of the same things, as Im in the market myself and back from overseas. Ive been monitoring the market for about 6 months, so was just wondering if anybody had knowledge of where the prices "should be?" just for some context?

I am looking for a 2017 or 2018 with low miles, and since I've been looking they are hovering in the high 50s and 60s. Any spitball of what that reflects pricewise outside this bubble?
New car production suffered last year from covid. Now, we have a big economic rebound coupled with some inflation and your used car prices go up. Dealers inventory is also lower. Used car market is driven by new car sales so if none of that is happening, then we have the scenario we're in now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New car production suffered last year from covid. Now, we have a big economic rebound coupled with some inflation and your used car prices go up. Dealers inventory is also lower. Used car market is driven by new car sales so if none of that is happening, then we have the scenario we're in now.
Right, I'm tracking. I was just wondering specifically if anybody had some insight on how up the prices for used SRTs (17-18s) are now compared to maybe a year ago due to them purchasing prior or just keeping tabs on the market.

Was just trying to gauge some context of how up they are if anybody was familiar. The prices since Ive been looking, have maintained and I know they are up, but didn't know how much.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I paid $46k for my 2016 last year with 22k miles. 2017s with comparable mileage were priced at about $52k. 2018s we're about $57-60k

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid $46k for my 2016 last year with 22k miles. 2017s with comparable mileage were priced at about $52k. 2018s we're about $57-60k
Word, thanks man. If that was the case, kind of seems about 5k-ish and some for the most part up. Not too terrible, but up none the less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

I just bought my dream one with the perfect color and wheels combo; 2018 with 34k miles for 60k.. 1800 for full warranty till 75k so about 67-68k out the door after taxes. Overall I know I paid probably 5-6k over the price for last year but this one was speced out exactly how I would want it plus it had nice after market rims. It was well taken care of and always serviced at the dealership with no accidents. Still has the factory warranty actually so I know it’s over priced but I’m overall happy with it; I was able to sell my Toyota RAV4 for 3-4K over last year so it balanced out a little bit. Still deciding to return it and wait but I’m pretty sure ima keep it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
from a resale and i guess reliability pespective; which do you think would sell higher a completely clean 30k mile 2016 srt or a 2018 50k srt in a few years?

·
Registered
100 Posts
from a resale and i guess reliability pespective; which do you think would sell higher a completely clean 30k mile 2016 srt or a 2018 50k srt in a few years?
Hard to say. I'd guess the 2018 would probably. I think more people would prefer it because of the newer head unit with car play support and revised front end. But someone else would probably see things differently.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hard to say. I'd guess the 2018 would probably. I think more people would prefer it because of the newer head unit with car play support and revised front end. But someone else would probably see things differently.
Thanks man, appreciate the input. Just decided to keep my 2018 over a older one with less miles.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts