Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was recently looking to a buy a relatively new srt and found one for 67,000 dollars with only 9k miles on it. It’s a 2019 sting grey which is the exact one I was looking for. One thing was it’s from Canada so it has no warranty. With the warranty and taxes out the door is like 73k. Pretty sure I’m going to send on this but just wanted to get an opinion if it’s over priced. The dealer said it can maybe throw free shipping from Michigan to California for free if I do it soon.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dont buy a used car right now. Used cars vs 1 year ago have increased in price 40%, new ones vs 1 year ago about 5 to 6%. Sell used, buy new.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah. The used car market is very inflated. To give you an example, I bought my 2016 last August with 22,000 miles on it for $46k. Now, I'm seeing the same vehicles with double the mileage in the low to mid $50k range. 2019 models last year were around $60k. If you can wait, I would wait. Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket ☺

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. The used car market is very inflated. To give you an example, I bought my 2016 last August with 22,000 miles on it for $46k. Now, I'm seeing the same vehicles with double the mileage in the low to mid $50k range. 2019 models last year were around $60k. If you can wait, I would wait. Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket ☺
That’s crazy.. I just bought one with 34k miles for 60gs.. your post just made me want to return it and wait.. smh it’s the exact perfect one I wanted though it breaks my heart.. it’s fine though if you guys really think it will deprecate by 10000 of next year than yeah I’m just going to wait thank you

·
Registered
100 Posts
I saw the prices starting to climb on used cars around this time last year. It's kinda what made me sell my Civic at the time and try to allocate a Jeep asap. Nothing you can do unfortunately other than wait it out. This same thing happened to used cars around 2011 if I recall.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw the prices starting to climb on used cars around this time last year. It's kinda what made me sell my Civic at the time and try to allocate a Jeep asap. Nothing you can do unfortunately other than wait it out. This same thing happened to used cars around 2011 if I recall.
That’s the one thing was I have a rav4 that would sell more right now and cover some of the difference with the inflation for the jeep but definitely not by the numbers your talking.. you really think by next year I can get a jeep srt 10-30k miles for like 50k and below?

·
Registered
100 Posts
That’s the one thing was I have a rav4 that would sell more right now and cover some of the difference with the inflation for the jeep but definitely not by the numbers your talking.. you really think by next year I can get a jeep srt 10-30k miles for like 50k and below?
Hard to say. A 2019 with 30k miles would most likely not be available for less than $50k next year. I can't see those prices going that low. Unless it's a rebuilt title or accident victim. I don't think this inflation will last that long and I'm sure vehicle prices will come down. But the new norm for prices is anyone's guess. Keep looking anyway. You may find a dealer that's offering a slightly better price than others and something you're willing to pay. It is a tough situation though, I get it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hard to say. A 2019 with 30k miles would most likely not be available for less than $50k next year. I can't see those prices going that low. Unless it's a rebuilt title or accident victim. I don't think this inflation will last that long and I'm sure vehicle prices will come down. But the new norm for prices is anyone's guess. Keep looking anyway. You may find a dealer that's offering a slightly better price than others and something you're willing to pay. It is a tough situation though, I get it.
I can’t believe you got yours for 46k at 22k miles, feel like you got a overall good deal regardless of the inflation now.I might just keep it, it’s the exactly color and option combo I want but still deciding, thanks man appreciate it

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got lucky. I looked for about 2 months and saw this one pop up the day they got it. Called immediately. They had it priced right which is why I was on it so fast. It's a patience game sometimes

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I was recently looking to a buy a relatively new srt and found one for 67,000 dollars with only 9k miles on it. It’s a 2019 sting grey which is the exact one I was looking for. One thing was it’s from Canada so it has no warranty. With the warranty and taxes out the door is like 73k. Pretty sure I’m going to send on this but just wanted to get an opinion if it’s over priced. The dealer said it can maybe throw free shipping from Michigan to California for free if I do it soon.
Too much. I did the same (Canadian vehicle - only Chrysler seems to have an issue with the factory warranty).
I paid $55K for a loaded 2018 vehicle with 25K miles, then added a $5K top-level 6-year warranty … with the color I spent many months looking for … ‘RHINO’..!!’
Try this guy. He specializes in CA vehicles like this … which properly bought, with an honest broker, are a great option.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Too much. I did the same (Canadian vehicle - only Chrysler seems to have an issue with the factory warranty).
I paid $55K for a loaded 2018 vehicle with 25K miles, then added a $5K top-level 6-year warranty … with the color I spent many months looking for … ‘RHINO’..!!’
Try this guy. He specializes in CA vehicles like this … which properly bought, with an honest broker, are a great option.
Call Milah at +1 (360) 922-4103.
Well worth your time.
I don’t agree with another poster who says to stay away from buying a used vehicle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually, my 2018 Rhino had 15K miles when I bought it a year ago.
I’ve had offers in the low 60s … mostly due to the color, upgraded Avant Garde(AG) 20X11 wheels, and a 1.5” lowering with H&R springs.
That’s all I have done to the beast since getting it.
Greet vehicle which draws constant comments (since the aforementioned upgrades). I’m going to leave the stock exhaust as is - sounds great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't agree with me? Or someone else.
I don’t know. I just think it’s a good time to buy a used vehicle. I receive weekly calls from dealers wanting to buy-back my 2018SRT and 2016 BMW 760iX … for the same price I bought them for a year ago.
Inventory of high-end vehicles is low.
So I agree the purchase price can be higher, but carefully purchased with a solid broker who knows how to negotiate is a good thing,

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sure you might sell your vehicle for more. But you'll also pay more for a used one. So it kinda balances out anyway. The value of the car will plummet anyway (like they always do) and in two years you'll be paying off a car that's worth even less than the outstanding loan.

My original point was if someone is willing to wait, why pay more now when the prices will inevitably come down?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts