Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a paramedic hood from <AutoGuide blacklisted vendor>, Before my order, the seller agreed to swap the black grip tuning mesh for chrome to match my racemesh grille. Well the hood has shipped and it has the black anodized mesh (he forgot). He instructed me to tape off and spray oven cleaner on the mesh to take the black off.

Has anyone heard of this or had any experience doing this?

Im a little hesitant to spray oven cleaner on a hood that cost me $1k.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
I would just leave it like that or see if the mesh can be swapped out once you get the hood...

Reactions: Stang352

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
agreed with the above, sounds pretty sketch.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Maybe laquer thinner would work?:confused:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
This is what Blackops told you to do after they mis-shipped your order ?

Maybe im old fashioned but when I mess something up, I fix it. I would see if blackops can ship you new inserts. That was a pretty hocky pocky suggestion IMO

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what Blackops told you to do after they mis-shipped your order ?

Maybe im old fashioned but when I mess something up, I fix it. I would see if blackops can ship you new inserts. That was a pretty hocky pocky suggestion IMO
I agree, I mean I talked with the guy for about a month before placing my order and he always replied promtly and was really cool about everything. I'm going to see what the body shop says and then give him the opportunity to make this right. Should be here Wednesday.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so the body shop did not want to touch the mesh, the guy seemed a little hesitant, but in the end said he would rather not touch it. Does anyone have any recommendation on how to get it to match the racemesh? spray paint?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I don't see any racemesh option on their website? They work with Grip Tuning, so why would they even send you a racemesh grill insert?
Also, that company puts in orders to their suppliers and it would be very difficult to make exceptions unless their supplier for some reason had racemesh lying around and made a one off piece for you.
I have the perfect option....either keep the black diamond Grip mesh because that is going to look the best IMO, or buy some racemesh and have your body shop add it on. I could understand your position if the racemesh was an option and that is the way you ordered it, but that's not even an option! I would see how you like the black first, I think you will be surprised at how much better it would be than chrome on a medic hood.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I don't see any racemesh option on their website? They work with Grip Tuning, so why would they even send you a racemesh grill insert?
Also, that company puts in orders to their suppliers and it would be very difficult to make exceptions unless their supplier for some reason had racemesh lying around and made a one off piece for you.
I have the perfect option....either keep the black diamond Grip mesh because that is going to look the best IMO, or buy some racemesh and have your body shop add it on. I could understand your position if the racemesh was an option and that is the way you ordered it, but that's not even an option! I would see how you like the black first, I think you will be surprised at how much better it would be than chrome on a medic hood.
Um, i'm not sure if you are insinuating I am lying. But you should read my original post, again. I do have the hood on and I don't like it black.

Also, if anyone was wondering, they seller has contacted me and offered to send a sheet of mesh. He even offered a full refund, and to offer that for an issue this small says alot about him and his business. As i said before he is a stand up guy and has attempted to rectify the issue, and I do thank him for his efforts.

So back to the issue, does anyone know how I should paint the mesh? I have been searching google all say, and only see idea for painting plastic inserts. I dont want to pay a bodyshop to take the hood apart and have it installed, especially since its already painted.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Your original post says nothing about the hood being on, nor does it say anything about it being already painted and done. Maybe you should check your own post?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.