Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local Radio Dj wrecked his SRT avoiding a deer yesterday. pulled this off line.. not a good day for him or the poor jeep

Attachments

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
why would you try avoiding a deer these days when you have car insurance and your rate doesn't even go up, when i was learning to drive my dad always said never try to avoid and animal or you might end up crashing and its not worth it,

this sucks... looks totaled for sure, i would love to know what he hit instead, that is some serious damage

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
exactly what i was thinking. deer would have done alot less damage. here in NH there is alot of woods and steep banks off our roads. im guessing he rolled into the woods. sux to see bc im STILL saving for mine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on top of that he is on a heart transpland list. he has bad heart problems and just got out of a long stint in the hospital last week. He fractured a rib and thats it! thats one safe jeep! :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope he recovers, but no animal is more important than your own life.
i agree. one animal was spared but another sadly died at the same time :boohoo:

·
Registered
498 Posts
just hit the F###krs, dogs,cats whatever the hell crosses the road at the same time Im going XXmph. sorry, but Ima aim straight for it & hope it moves the F##k out my way. :eek: 2yrs ago, my son & I were on way back from trip to El Paso, TX. I cruise at 90mph, when, still a ways off, out from my left I see a coyote dart infront of me. he/she gets to other side shoulder, then turns around & heads back for whatever reason, Im like, F##k , I hit it with driver side front end. at next rest area, I stop to look at damage & the whole plastic cover is broke completely off. :( But my Son & I are in great shape. :D

·
Registered
914 Posts
I was wondering when Blacksmith's crash was going to make it on the site.

·
Registered
567 Posts
In MN if you hit a deer and your vehicle shows signs of the animal (hair, blood, or taking a picture of the animal) it is covered 100% with no raise of insurance. Called a deer clause I believe. I hit two deer within a month in two different vehicles. First one literally ran into the side of my car, second one ran in front of me in a rain storm. Neva neva neva eva eva eva swerve for a deer at speeds, if you can brake then brake but dont do something that's going to cause you personal injury or someone else injury.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I hope he's ok, I hate deer and would never try to avoid them, kill the all!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope he's ok, I hate deer and would never try to avoid them, kill the all!
lol at that point the damage would have been waaaay less anyway

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Holy hell, that thing is beat.. Hope he's ok!

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
with state farm all you do is say you hit a dear and its covered, the body shop can easily tell if you've hit one, deer isn't your fault so insurance shouldn't go up at all on any provider IMO

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
I only brake in a straight line to avoid hitting them or change lanes once a low speed. Another danger with attempting to swerve at speed to miss them is they are just as likely to move into the path you are taking. Probably least likely to hit one by aiming directly for it and brake.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Damn that is most deffinatley totaled. This reminds me of that commerical were the two squirrels high five each other when a car swerves to avoid them only to crash.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts