Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasnt aware you had to state that your jeep was track only when ordering the 315/35/20 NT05r for our jeeps. I did not so Discount tire refused to sell me the tires. I will go somewhere else and you all just lost a customer for life. Thanks for nothing

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Wasnt aware you had to state that your jeep was track only when ordering the 315/35/20 NT05r for our jeeps. I did not so Discount tire refused to sell me the tires. I will go somewhere else and you all just lost a customer for life. Thanks for nothing

Jeremy
Whats your email? I can put you in touch with my rep from DT. Verr very helpful

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just responded to your PM's, Jeremy. We again apologize for the breakdown in communication.

For those reading, there are load recommendations we follow and here's why.

Because tires are pneumatic and load carrying capacity changes with pressure, vehicle manufacturers build in a margin of safety into the tires. Original equipment tires rarely, if ever, just meet the GAWR. To ensure our safety standards are on par, all the tires we sell for vehicles driven on the street must meet or exceed the requirements set by the vehicle manufacture. To determine this, we look at the original equipment tires load index and the placard pressure. This information give us the minimum load carrying requirements for the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Okay so you are saying that we cannot run NT05's on a WK1 Jeep due to load restrictions etc.?
I'm just curious because a lot of folks are going to be in trouble if that's the case.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Okay so you are saying that we cannot run NT05's on a WK1 Jeep due to load restrictions etc.?
I'm just curious because a lot of folks are going to be in trouble if that's the case.
The 315/35R-20 Nitto NT05 meets our load carrying recommendations. The 315/35R-20 Nitto NT05R Drag Radial however, falls short.

When looking at the WK1, the O.E. rear tires carry 1832lbs at placard pressure (33psi). The 315/35R-20 NT05R only carries a max load of 1609lbs.

·
The ModMan
5,763 Posts
The 315/35R-20 Nitto NT05 meets our load carrying recommendations. The 315/35R-20 Nitto NT05R Drag Radial however, falls short.

When looking at the WK1, the O.E. rear tires carry 1832lbs at placard pressure (33psi). The 315/35R-20 NT05R only carries a max load of 1609lbs.
Now that there is great info.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Wait, since when did you have to specify what car you are buying tires for, in all my years of ordering tires for i have never heard of this, even with tire rack you can not put in vehicle info

·
Registered
981 Posts
I just ran into this when i got my weld drag wheels mounted. my local discount tire went to put them on for me then told me they can't because the front tires don't meet the requirements.

·
Contributing Member
4,557 Posts
It has been happening a lot lately at all tire shops. It has become a liability. I used to get Costco to mount all of my tires I bought on the internet. They take good care of wheels. They stopped doing it because of law suits that were popping up.

Stupid people ruin it for everyone. The first thing these shops are checking is the door jam for factory sizes. Ive had a few shops turn me away.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats your email? I can put you in touch with my rep from DT. Verr very helpful
Thanks Brian and I appreciate that but I went ahead and bought them from somewhere else.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has been happening a lot lately at all tire shops. It has become a liability. I used to get Costco to mount all of my tires I bought on the internet. They take good care of wheels. They stopped doing it because of law suits that were popping up.

Stupid people ruin it for everyone. The first thing these shops are checking is the door jam for factory sizes. Ive had a few shops turn me away.
so spot on bro.... i get its a liability thing now but was not thinking that rationally earlier today. after taking a breath, i get where they are coming from. if they dont want to sell the dr's to us thats their decision and our risk if we decide to run them. obviously, the corporate decision was to stick hard and fast to the load rating, put it in the computer for the csr's and call it a day. i bought them from another place for the same price and im gonna run the crap out of them like so many members have!! ill let u borrow them if u get ur butt to the track on the 9th!

·
Registered
744 Posts
OE tires are sized based on GAWRs. I doubt very many people will be racing their cars at GVW however since you can't police people, I can understand the corporate stance. Just out of curiosity....what are the front and rear curb weights for a wk?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts