Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my wife a mineral gray srt. She is so awesome... She loves the Jeep as much as me. His and her Grand Cherokee's!

Paid invoice price... I probably could have done a little better, but wanted to deal local.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congrats!

Although, no offense to the ladies, but I find it somewhat unusual seeing a female behind the wheel of a SRT. I know there is really no such thing anymore as a "gender-specific" car, but to me, the SRT is about as "masculine" as you can get in a car nowdays........loud, big, powerful, hard ride.......even the steering wheel is big and fat.....to fit a man's-sized hands.......it's a big steel bottle of testosterone on 4 wheels!

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Congrats!

Although, no offense to the ladies, but I find it somewhat unusual seeing a female behind the wheel of a SRT. I know there is really no such thing anymore as a "gender-specific" car, but to me, the SRT is about as "masculine" as you can get in a car nowdays........loud, big, powerful, hard ride.......even the steering wheel is big and fat.....to fit a man's-sized hands.......it's a big steel bottle of testosterone on 4 wheels!
Hey now, my wife's 5-4 105# & just loves her SRT. She's always says it not loud enough nor fast enough & most likely has 3-4x the number of kills I do. She has said she's gotten some very weird looks from people seeing her get out of it though.

Jim

·
Snail On Board
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offense taken... My wife loves the SRT and did dang well at the SRT driving experience..

She is a special woman... I think those of us who have wives that enjoy these Jeeps as much we do are damn lucky.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I guess now that I think about it a bit more, it's not too surprising. After all, the WK2 is a SUV....and women just love SUV's more than any type of car. (And statistically, more women drive SUV's than men). I know that most Escalades, X5's, and Cayenne's I've seen out on the road are driven by women. So going by this logic, I guess it's fair to say that at least half of all WK2's sold are bought by women.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph G. and & Co. purposely designed the WK2 to make it appeal to more women and also make it more "family-friendly".....it's the reason why the WK2 has more amenities, more luxury, a softer ride, a curvier exterior, and is much bigger in size than the WK1.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She definitely likes the 2012 more than the older model. Interior and she loves the new hood.

I doubt that many women own the GC SRT.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have an aunt that is 4'9" and weighs around 85 lbs.....and she drives an Escalade ESV.
What is it with women wanting to drive bigger and bigger and more powerful cars?....I think it's this whole "empowerment" thing run amok.

At the same time, almost every Prius I've seen out on the road were driven by men....and not just average guys but BIG dudes! One of my former co-workers was a Prius owner and he was 6'5" 250 lbs!

Crazy world we live in.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hehe. Lucky for me my wife is a pretty dang good driver. Just wish she had a better sense of direction.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She got it Monday! It is so nice. I am jealous. At least I am still faster. She says "for now" anyway..hehe. I am a lucky man.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.