Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are all the status codes Chrysler uses to track cars in production. Ask your dealer what your Status Code is (BX, D1, etc). They have online access and can tell you the Status of your car anytime.

If you don't have a VIN then you are probably in BX.
Usually the longest wait is BX.
A VIN is assigned in D.
You want to get to D1 as soon as possible.

• BB Review by fleet department
  • BD Special equipment processing
  • BE Edit error
  • BG Passed edit N/A for schedule
  • BGL Edit ok parts unavailable
  • BX Passed edit available for schedule - The order has been accepted. Until your dealer has an allocation your order is on hold.
  • C Sub firm – This means the dealer has an allocation for this order.
  • D Firm schedule – Dealer has allocation and all parts are available. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is assigned. Waiting for spot in build rotation depending on model/transmission/color. You will be assigned a build "week", a rough estimation of when it will be built.
  • D1 Gateline schedule – Scheduled to be built and a ship date assigned. The ship date is pretty accurate; it may be a day sooner, or several days later.
  • E Frame
  • F Paint
  • G Trim
  • I Built - not OK'd
  • J Built - OK'd
  • JB Shipped to body vendor
  • JE Emission check
  • JS Shipped to storage
  • KZ Released by plant – Invoiced
  • KZL Released – Not shipped
  • KZM First rail departure
  • KZN First rail arrival
  • KZO Delayed/received
  • KZOA Plant holds
  • KZOB Zone/distribution holds
  • KZOC Carrier delays
  • KZOD Carrier holds
  • KZOE Miss-shipped vehicle
  • KZOF Show/test vehicle
  • KZOG Damaged vehicle
  • KZOH All other reasons
  • KZT Second rail departure
  • KZU Second rail arrival
  • KZX Delivered to dealer
  • ZA Canceled
Bernie

·
Registered
882 Posts
Very nice, thanks Bernie, I'm in the second last code (JS) just waiting to hit KZ and I can start driving my beast (after a couple weeks of it shipping to the dealer than on another train across county to me...fml)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great post, thanks! I received a VIN yesterday and VOTS says i'm "Scheduled for production." This is precisely what I was looking for to help better understand timing from receiving my VIN to taking delivery...

·
Registered
364 Posts
My Alpine is in BG status right now and that makes me very uneasy. Order was placed on 10/26 and still in BG as of today.. How long should it stay in BG status??

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ordered on May 7 and has finally moved from "production scheduled" D to "paint" F this AM. A bit over 2 weeks that felt like a year. This schedule post is really helpful! Thanks much Rambit!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered May 22. Been sitting in "D-Production Scheduled" for 15 days. Should be going into "G-Frame" any day now. City, what color did you order? I think paint color has a lot to do with when it gets put on production line. I ordered Max Steel just for reference. I've seen some Max Steel's being delivered lately. I have a feeling I missed the max steel's run by 2-4 weeks. Should of ordered it a month ago. I'm trying to be patient but that's quickly turning into anxious.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ordered May 22. Been sitting in "D-Production Scheduled" for 15 days. Should be going into "G-Frame" any day now. City, what color did you order? I think paint color has a lot to do with when it gets put on production line. I ordered Max Steel just for reference. I've seen some Max Steel's being delivered lately. I have a feeling I missed the max steel's run by 2-4 weeks. Should of ordered it a month ago. I'm trying to be patient but that's quickly turning into anxious.
I thing your right about paint color. I remember that had a lot to do with the build schedule at CAAP with Viper production.

Mine is white (seems like that's a forum favorite) with the Sepia interior. My order went in the first day they were accepting orders for that interior. I'm now showing "delivered", but my dealer hasn't rec'd it as of yesterday. I'm still only 4 weeks and 2 days since placing my order, which seems much faster than expected. Of course there seems to be some disconnect between the VOT system and reality. Often the production pace seems to stall and then skip several steps. They probably have a weekly or bi-weekly revision schedule.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea I've read on here that some went straight to "shipped" or "delivered" and VOT never updated the between updates(frame, paint, ect).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello all,
I ordered TODAY, so I expect the car in the next 6 to 8 weeks, correct?
How long does it take for delivery once the car is ordered?

I appreciate your inputs.
Thanks
LCL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts