Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I had my new remote start put on just 2 days ago and while the guy is working on the car I'm waling around the car just looking for new flaws which I can fix or have taken care of while the car is still in great shape. I notice that one of my 7 grille inserts (not sure what they are called) is broken. There is a hole in it, I was like WTF how could that possibly happen, what did I hit a bird? LOL. So not being able to live with this I get on the phone with the stealership and they tell me I need to buy the entire front grille for $400. There must be a way to get a set of 7 of these inserts or get one. My grille is flawless where the paint is I don't need a new grille and sure as hell rather spend $400 on a new mod than something I already have.

Any ideas on where I can find this?

Thanks

KAMIL

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Damn.. The dealers always make you buy the entire unit to replace something small. Sucks....

I think your best bet would be to buy it off someone who removed it, or modified their grill . Possibly one of the guys has one laying around. Sorry, I wish I could help out more.
Good luck getting it fixed!

P.S. Screw the stealership! Crazy overpriced.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Goto the junk yard. Im pretty sure the regular jeeps use the same grill cause some members swap a regular bumper on our jeeps for the wintertime and it matches up to our grills.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Goto the junk yard. Im pretty sure the regular jeeps use the same grill cause some members swap a regular bumper on our jeeps for the wintertime and it matches up to our grills.
Grill surround is the same the insert is different SRT is mesh style Regular GC is simple slots and 05-07 is different from 08-10

·
Registered
665 Posts
Grill surround is the same the insert is different SRT is mesh style Regular GC is simple slots and 05-07 is different from 08-10

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_grilles.htm

·
Registered
983 Posts
3rd day owning mine i had a rock flip up and smoke mine dead in the middle, my grille was silver at the time and you could notice it from a mile away, very upsetting. after realizing that you can't buy just the mesh part and the replacement is 400 dollars like you said i painted mine black so you can hardly notice. iv been looking for a used one for over a year now with no luck. i search ebay regularly for one, good luck!!

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
have you thought about using steel mesh?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm strongly considering it, I went everything to match up nice. Once I get my medic good i will be doing black mesh in the vents so it might flow well if I did the front grille in the same black mesh I do the hood. Who knows. I will figure something out I guess I have to lol. I'm a picky guy when it comes down to this car and I want everything perfect. I like the OEM style a lot this is why me finding an OEM replacement is my 1st choice.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'd vote for the mesh too. Arrington has a few different options for mesh inserts from Grip Tuning; sizes, styles, colors/coating.

You could do it for $50, some wire snips, couple hours on a Sunday afternoon, and a few beers. Pull out the others and do the lower grille while you're at it.

Done dollar.

·
Registered
802 Posts
What color is your Jeep? Let me know what style/color mesh you do - I'm about ready to do the same, curious as to what the different diamond sizes look like...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Jeep is Black. I'm gonna be most likely doing black mesh, not sure about diamond size yet. I just found a grille for cheap online I want to experiment on that first before I do anything else.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I am curious as to what the grille looks like without the chrome rings, I have a black 12 and was thinking about just pulling them off rather than painting them but not sure what is under them...I am assuming it is the mesh.
Since one of yours broke, you should have first hand knowledge, post a pic if you can.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
PM "my02grand" his name I Nick, I know he had like 8 SRT oem grills laying around. He had every color from what I remember. He was asking $100 a piece if I remember correctly. I'll shoot him a text now as well for you.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone 4s app

·
Registered
207 Posts
search ebay whole front assembly $100+

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.