Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting in JFK with the wife. On the way to Germany to pick up her new M3...

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Obviously they'll bring it back as a carry on ;)

Yeah...what's the other details about this adventure?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is called European Delivery by BMW. You go to Germany to a BMW facility called the "Welt". You pick up the car and get to drive it around then BMW ships it to the US. Best of all you save thousands of dollars!

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What you saved you spent in airfaire. Realistically, what kind of savings are you taking about??
About $11k off list. We r lucky... Airfare s covered by my frequent flyer miles. Got the Marriott Munich for $60 a night on PriceLine. So overall we will save quite a bit, experience picking up the car at BMW, hit the autobahn, and get an international vacation!

Reactions: speedking1121

· Registered
26 Posts
That is unbelievably cool!!! BMW truly is the ultimate driving machine! Tell us more about the car... Is it a four-door or a coupe? Color combo? Manual or SMG?

I own a 1999 e36 M3. Estorial Blue Metalic. Dove grey interior. Manual. It is an amazing car.

I hope y'all have a great time. That will be an awesome experience!

And... it's the wife's???? j/k

Brian

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
About $11k off list. We r lucky... Airfare s covered by my frequent flyer miles. Got the Marriott Munich for $60 a night on PriceLine. So overall we will save quite a bit, experience picking up the car at BMW, hit the autobahn, and get an international vacation!

Like a BOSS

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
very nice! get some pics up of it when you see it, i know someone who did that too but with their M5, sounds awesome to me!

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The wife picking up her M3... It is quite the experience...
Competition package
Premium package
Enhanced sound
...plus other stuff

The wheels and tires in the pics are snow tires... The comp tires will be put on before shipping to US.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
11,086 Posts
Did they all ready drill holes in your bumper for that tag? I don't know if I would like that.

· Registered
400 Posts
That is very cool... enjoy the Autobahn, the food and most importantly...the BEER!

Quick question, why does she get the M3 and you get the GC?

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Did they all ready drill holes in your bumper for that tag? I don't know if I would like that.
Yeah that doesn't make sense since its going to the US? What's with the foreign tag.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The plate is held on with double sided tape that is removed before they ship the car back. Need the plates to drive around Europe and we get to keep them when we are done as a souvenir.

We actually share the cars, but the M3 will be her daily car. It is OK since every time I make some sporty looking car look bad by kicking their ass in a "Jeep" from a stop light... The look on their face is priceless!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.