Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealer calls me today to give me the est. delivery date of my WK2 as Jan 2. OK great. They also confirm my price protection as I ordered on Aug 9. Ok great. They gave me a price of $59,585 which breaks down as follows:
Base - 55,295
Lux II - 2,995
HP Audio - 995
Hitch - 300

The problem I think i am going to have is negotiating down from this price. I think they feel like they are already giving me a deal because of the price protection, but they will get credit back for this so they will not be losing anything at all. So I wanted to know what kind of deals other WK2 owners have made so far and what I should shoot for. Anyone know what the invoice is on this vehicle? Any ideas and info would be greatly appreciated so I can prepare....:D
Thanks

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
So my dealer calls me today to give me the est. delivery date of my WK2 as Jan 2. OK great. They also confirm my price protection as I ordered on Aug 9. Ok great. They gave me a price of $59,585 which breaks down as follows:
Base - 55,295
Lux II - 2,995
HP Audio - 995
Hitch - 300

The problem I think i am going to have is negotiating down from this price. I think they feel like they are already giving me a deal because of the price protection, but they will get credit back for this so they will not be losing anything at all. So I wanted to know what kind of deals other WK2 owners have made so far and what I should shoot for. Anyone know what the invoice is on this vehicle? Any ideas and info would be greatly appreciated so I can prepare....:D
Thanks
Invoice in Canda is $79,900

·
Registered
281 Posts
Base - 55,295
Lux II - 2,995
HP Audio - 995
Hitch - 300

Thanks
Congrats on the delivery date. These cars took forever but I think most have said it was worth the wait.

Invoice Breakdown as follows (invoice in parenthesis) -
Base - 55,295 (52,793)
Lux II - 2,995 (2,666)
HP Audio - 995 (886)
Hitch - 300 (267)
Total Invoice Price $56,612

If you didn't negotiate the price in advance you may be stuck with what they quoted you. I must have heard "You are getting a steal with Price Protection" so many times but we had already agreed on an amount based on invoice.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
That price isn't bad, the best deal that I've heard of so far is $500 under invoice on the new pricing.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
It's not 79,000 in Canada. The one here in Kelowna had a sticker price of 62K. I saw it with my own 2 eyes. You can walk away with it right now for 69K. I believe it's 58k here in Canada

·
Registered
44 Posts
That price isn't bad, the best deal that I've heard of so far is $500 under invoice on the new pricing.

Damn! Where did they get that? I would buy one right now for $500 under invoice...Otherwise, I will be patiently waiting for the 2013 model, and if no significant changes are made then I'll pick up a left over 2012 hopefully at a nice discount.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought I saw some members paid invoice or $500 over, correct? I believe they are still making 3k on the vehicle at invoice price!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I thought I saw some members paid invoice or $500 over, correct? I believe they are still making 3k on the vehicle at invoice price!
You will probably find a wide variety, when you factor in trade in's it is hard to tell what is a steal and what is maybe just a fair deal.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Base - 55,295
Lux II - 2,995
HP Audio - 995
Hitch - 300

Thanks
Congrats by the way. If you don't mind me asking (and to give me some hope maybe), when did you place your order, and when did you receive your VIN number. I got my VON a couple months back, but still no VIN after plunking down a $1000 deposit in the 2nd week of August.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Out here in Calgary im at $63,185.20 out the door including freight gas tax etc etc. for a loaded WK2. Thats with pano roof...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats by the way. If you don't mind me asking (and to give me some hope maybe), when did you place your order, and when did you receive your VIN number. I got my VON a couple months back, but still no VIN after plunking down a $1000 deposit in the 2nd week of August.
I ordered on Aug 9 and got my VIN the middle of Nov. I honestly was thinking more like Feb for delivery. I really did not want to take it in the middle of winter, but I will lose price protection if I don't take it within 10 days of delivery so i'm trying to get the best deal I can right now.

Reactions: scyukon

·
Registered
333 Posts
I will say again, if you are not in a hurry, wait it out!
yeah, listen to the guy giving advice on buying who has never owned a Jeep SRT8 at all.

If someone didn't negotiate and have in writing anything close to Price Protected invoice at order time, doubt they are getting it now. I don't know of one person who has walked into a dealer on a non-early order unit and paid anything lower than NON-price protected invoice. OP, take the offer and buy the truck. Don't BS and hassle over $1500 or so.

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
yeah, listen to the guy giving advice on buying who has never owned a Jeep SRT8 at all.

If someone didn't negotiate and have in writing anything close to Price Protected invoice at order time, doubt they are getting it now. I don't know of one person who has walked into a dealer on a non-early order unit and paid anything lower than NON-price protected invoice. OP, take the offer and buy the truck. Don't BS and hassle over $1500 or so.
What exactly is your problem with me not owning a SRT Jeep? You keep bringing it up. If you got shit to say send me a PM or if you want to keep looking like a fool keep posting these stupid remarks on the forums.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
He owns both, so he's an expert. I'd consult with him first before making anymore comments or rendering your opinion on this forum.

·
Registered
921 Posts
What exactly is your problem with me not owning a SRT Jeep? You keep bringing it up. If you got shit to say send me a PM or if you want to keep looking like a fool keep posting these stupid remarks on the forums.
Just ignore him. It's not worth the effort.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered on Aug 9 and got my VIN the middle of Nov. I honestly was thinking more like Feb for delivery. I really did not want to take it in the middle of winter, but I will lose price protection if I don't take it within 10 days of delivery so i'm trying to get the best deal I can right now.
Thanks for that, it gives me hope. I think I ordered mine on August 8 or 9, so hopefully will see a similar result.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.