Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had an oil analysis done for the first time the other day. These are the results, pretty satisfied except for possible coolant leak? Not looking forward to that problem, if there is one, so I'm going to go 5,000 miles or so and send in another sample. Probably do samples for a couple of my other cars also.

Comments? Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
mine was $35, 25 for regular test + $10 extra for the TBN test, which gives the estimate for how many miles I could possibly go between changes.

Be cool to compare tests.
They will tell you how many mile to go without paying the extra $10. Here is mine for comparison of my last 3 changes.

Reactions: Motorboy1

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I have mine tested at every oil change except for this last time the tech forgot to get my my sample :(

Been great everytime and engine is still holding strong with the vortech installed.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
How would I go about getting something like this done? Also when they said "send in another sample" what exactly are we sending in and to whom? Also should this be done every time I get an oil change?

Go to the website and order some free bottles and when you change your oil collect a sample and send it to them. Website is at the bottom of the first post pic.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Go to the website and order some free bottles and when you change your oil collect a sample and send it to them. Website is at the bottom of the first post pic.
You know what's funny is they are located in one of the worst parts in town here. I'm sure they've been there for years & years & that did used to be the big manufacturing/factory part of town.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
just out of the curiosity when do you guys do the collection of oil? as soon as it starts to pour out, or halfway?
Half way is what is recommended.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I use Blackstone also. Great to deal with.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've used them for the 300 and the GTS and both of my samples came back with no out of range results. I'll probably get them done again in a couple of years. Sending samples in evey oil change is over kill unless you are pushing your vehicle with mods...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.