Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any valve covers laying around? Not the plastic engine covers, but the actual valve covers on the heads. Also, can't find the part number. If someone knew that it would be a great help too!

Thanks

Kyle

· Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weekend Bump...also, I've heard that the early model SRT's had metal valve covers and the later models have some sort of composite...is this TRUE?

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Weekend Bump...also, I've heard that the early model SRT's had metal valve covers and the later models have some sort of composite...is this TRUE?
Edit: Oops, just checked they are not metal, my 08 has black composite valve covers.

Dealer price is $94.01 each cover, gaskets are $21.56 each.

Found them here for $42.99 each, gaskets for $9.69 each.

I suppose I could sell you my covers....they're just sitting in a box out in the garage. They were on my truck for 15K miles. I have Billet Tech valve covers now.
I don't have gaskets though.....hows $50 shipped for the pair? I know UPS is going to charge me $10-$15 for shipping.:(

· Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh okay so they are composite, thanks for the info and for checking Phil! I will definitely take them off your hands if you are still okay with that? Just give me a few days to pay my bills and I will paypal you. Can you PM me your info?

Thanks!

· Super Moderator
11,086 Posts
I have an 06 and they are not metal. Black plastic.

Reactions: chitass

· Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an 06 and they are not metal. Black plastic.

Huh interesting. Just saw some stuff on the LX forums, and a few people have had metal covers because they had them powdercoated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.