Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has any idea if this possible? I currently have a stock radio unit with the 6 disk, and sirus. The Uconnect and voice recog are on my rear view mirror. Well long story short i came accross a 2011 RER Unit off a Chrysler Minivan. I thought it would be cool to replace the 6 disk one with this RER unit, plus it has GPS and everything else in there.

Now is this conversion possible? Has anyone done it before? If so i could use some hints, so far i know the bezel has to be changed since the 6 disk radio is not fully squared, it has the dial knobs on each side for the volume and radio tune. I know that i am also going to need a GPS antenna to hook it up for the GPS unit to work properly. WHat else do i need besides all these stuff??

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
if it is stock you probably have a REC head unit it. in order to convert to a RER you will need the following:
MYGIG ADAPTER BEZEL FILLER
RER UCONNECT FACTORY MINI MICROPHONE
SIRIUS EXTENSION CABLE
MYGIG ADAPTER KIT COMBO

also check out this link, scroll to the bottom, there is a whole page on upgrading : http://www.wkjeeps.com/Mygig_parts.htm

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The minivans use a high speed unit.. will not work in a GC. You will need a low speed.
Sell/trade it.

Sorry

-Jim

This is just sad .... lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts