Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum,

I'm having a problem with my right front lowbeam. When I start my '08 SRT8, the right light blinks, or flickers rather, for about 20 seconds then it appears to turn off, leaving only a type of glow (that I assume must be from the turn signal light) illuminating orange/yellow somewhat. The glow is negligible I mention it only in an attempt to fully characterize my issue. Further, when the hoods open and your standing over the headlight area, there seems to be a low hum from that headlight. I've purchased a OE replacement bulb and figured Id start by replacing it. This unfortunately is where I'm stuck now.

Not only do I not know what the problem is, I can't even get the dang bulb out to replace it with a new one. Is there a trick to it? I can give it a quarter turn where it then detaches from the entry point but I can't pull it completely out. It's as if is connected to something on the inside so that won't let me pull it out.

Any advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Not sure what your issues are but it may help to get that bulb out by loosening the three screws that surround where the bulb goes in. Don't take em out all the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts