Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I just installed obx headers on my srt8. I have o2 codes p0133 and p0153, from what I understand the most common issue is that the o2 extensions are no good. This wouldn’t be a problem but I only have one extension on the front o2 the other is pluged directly into the harness. Now both my o2 were good prior to the install and the chance of them both going bad at the same time is slim to none imo. I would blame it on the o2 extension but like I said I only have one o2 extension on the front o2. The only thing that concerns me is the bung for the o2 sensor looks to be so tall that the o2 sensor does not reach the cross section of the collector which may prevent the o2 from reading AF ratios correctly. If anyone can shed some light on this issue please do so.
Thanks chris

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
What year Jeep do you have? Did you tag your sensors when you took them out. Those codes you have are not the most common ones. The most common ones are P0420 and P0430 which are for the rear sensors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know the rear o2 cause the engine light to go on but the fronts are really having an effect on the way my car is running. No we did not mark them and we could have mix them up. But all the o2 are match up with the correct plug on the wiring harness and all four o2 sensors are the same for the front and rear.I called jeep up to check to see if the o2 were different from front to back and left to right. they claim they are all the same. So that eliminates that issue as per the jeep dealer. I pretty sure we got them right tho bc we left each of thew o2 on the stock exhaust and put them back one by one. I just dont know where to go from here. If you have any suggestions please let me know. thanks chris

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
If you have a Diablo product or a obdII scanner, unplug one sensor at a time and see what codes you throw. That will tell you if you are hooked up properly to the correct sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.