Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts

· Premium Member
893 Posts
This is a list of all part numbers I found searching the Internet. Hope this helps y'all who are gonna do this job yourself.

Text Document Paper Font
Text Document Font Paper
Text Font Paper Document Parallel
Text Font Design Drawing Illustration

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
Awesome write-up, another vote for sticky.

Add 2 more clutch plates and you've got yourself a $2,500 paramount unit.

· Premium Member
893 Posts

· Registered
7,855 Posts

· Registered
739 Posts
Very nice writeup. Now... for someone to start milling out some baskets that are made for the extra clutches and selling them.
Tick-Tock Tick-Tock.

Reactions: nubtard

· Registered
739 Posts
That clock is still ticking...
Is anyone selling the parts all kitted up and ready to buy, or do you have to source all the material from the dealership or something?
My service 4wd system light is coming on and it's roaring a little bit every time the AWD kicks in now. (every since I did a 1800rpm hit at the track with the 2-step it's been acting funny) I may be able to change the fluids, but something tells me those clutches in mine aren't happy for some reason or another. I'll post a new thread for that.
Also, any word on Blackstone?

· Registered
739 Posts
Post 30. Thank you... now, for me to find where to get those parts.
Why would anyone pay $2500 when they can just replace some clutches, springs, and snap rings & a chain??

Note: With that list, you can find everything you'll need to do the rebuild for $500 shipped from RT Parts Co.

Also, any thoughts on how I can cryo my own chain?

And I can't get that .PDF on the WK Jeeps site to load on any of my browsers for some reason. Nor can I get the "Parts List" in the first post.
I figure things like the shaft and thrust bearing typically don't need to be replaced.

Annnd.... the PN for the motor or "actuator" is 5143786aa. That should be in this thread as well. I had to do a double take because it's listed as an "actuator-fuel control" on one site, and that bad boy is ~$350

· Registered
739 Posts
SKIIIIP.... NAAAATEEE..... Chellooooooo
1-800-BADA$$DEMONPERFORMANCESUPERCYBERBLACKMONDAYDEAL.COM

You guys should gather this stuff up before it disappears.

· Premium Member
3,754 Posts
I have three quarts coming, so I think a tube or two is going to blackstone or wherever the hell they do that stuff. l
I am pleased to report, after some GREAT delay, that I brought a bottle of this stuff over to Lubriport, Inc., our local/regional fluids tester, along with a bottle of Valvoline full synthetic transfer case fluid, just to see what different additives are in there to support our fancy carbon fiber clutches as described on the bottle of NV146 fluid.

I will post the reports when I get them. Preliminary vapor testing confirmed that they both smell like burnt garlic mudbutt.:cowfrown:

21 - 40 of 75 Posts