Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Not to be beat at any level, Power Ported delivers the best Stroker Shortblock deal available for the best price!

This is the deal for you! Ready to make a statement! Take it to the next level!

What a deal for the 5.7L owners who don't have a 6.1L core!

Power Ported is pleased to offer our vast experience in new HEMI engine aftermarket performance by offering for a limited time…

420ci Stroker shortblock (6.1L Block Based)

- PROFESSIONALLY ASSEMBLED SHORTBLOCK
- CALLIES 4.050" 4340 FORGED STEEL CRANKSHAFT
- CALLIES FORGED STEEL H-BEAM CONNECTING RODS
- MAHLE FORGED 10.3:1 PISTONS
- MAHLE PLASMA MOLY RING SET
- CLEVITE/ACL MAIN & ROD BEARINGS
- DIGITALLY BALANCED WITHIN 1/2 GRAM
- READY TO ASSEMBLE

Promtional unit sold!

Take advantage of this limited time, incredible deal at $3,995 OUTRIGHT PURCHASE PRICE with no core charge.

You will save by not having a core charge and core return shipping.

USUALLY READY TO SHIP IN ONE WEEK OR LESS!!!

This could be you:

02-20-2011: Thanks for lots of fun and a great engine

Hello PPP -

“I have had over 200 runs on the engine you built for me without a single problem. I'm a consistent winner at Countyline, Homestead and Palm Beach dragstrips here in South Florida. I hate to do "by-runs" that are the result of not being able to find cars to run against me. My 1/8 mile ET is consistently in the 7.2 second range. My 1/4 mile track ET is in the 11.4 range. Let me know if you want copies of the time slips and photos of my 2006 SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. My only complaint is that the power of your engine has made me buy expensive replacement drag radials in a very short period of time. Thanks for the great engine build job you did for me.”

Best wishes, IRV

FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS OR TO DISCUSS YOUR OTHER PERFORMANCE OPTIONS CALL US TODAY AT 859-363-9272 or for domestic orders click on this link to order now. THE REAL DEAL

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Questions Asked and Answered:

this deal should get some interest!!
I've got some questions for IRV.
Please post some slips of the 11.4s runs at PBIR. is that n/a?
Consistant winner? at an actual race or during test and tune passes?
Sure wished you would have enter some of the Mopar Challenge races at PBIR
Most are races. At Homestead (1/8 mile track) races he's won a bunch of money. Really good guy and he actually hands the money out to the track employees. At Homestead he also ran a brand new ferrari and he killed it. He should be retired but he's not and is running a company so he hasn't had a chance to get us those time slips yet, but he said he would try to get us them soon.

Tune by Johan and Dyno'd on an all-wheel drive Mustang dyno at 720 HP and 703 TQ with a 250 shot of nitrous. The Jeep was running 6.7 to 6.9 1/8 miles with the 250 shot but he's had to back the system down to a 125 shot now since they won't let him run in the 6's without a bunch of safety equiptment being added. The 11.4's are with the newly nozzled 125 shot of nitrous.

That is a freakin awesome deal !
Especially for the 5.7 guys, like ME ... lol
What are the compression-ratio options ?
Hello Gabe. Thanks for asking the question. This price is for standard 10.3 to 1 compression. Diamond pistons can be used as an upgrade option but add to the price. We could look into a bulk discount but that would depend on the number of orders for lower compression.

Does the short block came with a cam included? Like Gabe asked what compression ratios are availible?
Hello Scott. A cam is a great option and can be added for an additional $435 to any order. At this price, including the cam wouldn't allow us to offer this special.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Hi Cruisin. Did this answer all your questions?

This is the same core setup used to set and then repeatedly beat our own record for the quickest 1/4 mile NA record, the last being at 11.08 seconds.

Are these 5.7 or 6.1 blocks?
Thank you for the question. These are 6.1L Blocks. We will update the first post to reflect that. It's not as clear as it should be.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
How much work would it take to convert my SRT to a 420 stroker?? (I know basics but am more interested in the details). And what is the setup you have been running in order to run 11.08 1/4s??

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much work would it take to convert my SRT to a 420 stroker?? (I know basics but am more interested in the details). And what is the setup you have been running in order to run 11.08 1/4s??
Thanks for the questions Nifty97z. Work wise it is a fairly straight forward swap. Essentially the 420 shortblock replaces your 6.1L shortblock. Labor wise, depending on where you are in the country, you are looking at anywhere from roughly $700 to $1500 for the swap. If you stay with the stock cam and heads you can use your Stock 6.1L injectors. If you up the horsepower by going with a custom cam or CNC Heads from Power Ported, or have those items already then you will want to go with upgraded injectors. The only other items you will need would be a Upper and Lower engine gasket and bolt kit and a Diablo predator with a custom tune from Johan.

Our records were set on our 2006 300c SRT-8. Same shortblock, our custom cam and our CNC Stage 2 Heads, 25% underdrive crank pulley, ported intake manifold, upgraded injectors, Dynatech Long Tube Headers and Highflow CAT's and Corsa Exhaust with a set of Drag Radials. Oh, also need a good driver. :) All the items except the driver can be purchased from Power Ported at various discount rates depending on what you order.

Please let us know if you have any more questions or you can also call us at 859-363-9272 to go over any additional questions. we are here to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts