Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Not happy with SiriusXM!!!

728 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  pnut 
#1 ·
since I never us Sirius Radio, I called to have it canceled today. I wanted to keep Traffic and Travel Link for convenience sake and I still have a year on the free trial.

According to the service rep I was dealing with, if I canceled Radio, then everything would be canceled. I asked about my free year of Traffic and Travel and they said I can’t have it without Radio?!?! Traffic and Travel was an additional $11 added on to the Radio charge but I couldn’t get it separately…

After an hour of back and forth, I decided to cancel EVERYTHING.

#2 ·
I’m fed up with them too. Their website gives the impression that you can add those services without a radio subscription. Also I have been trying to add my new vin/radio id to my existing account. I’ve had an account since 2009, when I acquired my first WK1 SRT8. Ever since i’ve always had at least one vehicle in the driveway with Sirius capability or that came with a free trial from purchasing either new or used. For whatever reason, when I attempt to add my new Jeep to my account, it errors out. Telling me to call or chat for assistance, and a customer care representative can help me. Well so far noone has been able to figure it out. The responses have been “that radio is already associated with your account”, or “it will be available for viewing on your account within 1-24 hours.” Ok then, how come I cannot see it when I log in?! It lists no current radio id’s, it just says “click here to add.” Yet every fucking time I attempt to add the new Jeep, it errors out!

#4 ·
I was able to finally speak with someone who was able to help me. Also that doesn’t sound right that you aren’t able to keep the traffic plus & travel link. I let my Sirius music expire on my hellcat, which was a 2017, after the 1 year free trial was up. I still had traffic plus and travel link until the day I sold it, which was last fall. I remember because I could not for the life of me figure out how to stop those god awful weather alerts that just kept popping up. My nav also showed the red/yellow/green roads. Maybe things have changed within the last year?!

#5 ·
I just received a confirmation email of my cancelation. Just went out to my Jeep and all three features are still active!?!? Maybe it takes a day or two to deactivate.

On the bright side, another thing to look forward to is when using route guidance. In the past, it would re-route my path several times along the way to avoid traffic, which was very annoying.

Trying to look at the cup as HALF FULL!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.