Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**** DATE CHANGE - New date is May 19th! *******

Since the Super Heavy Shootout held down South each Fall is so much fun, we thought why not have another one further up North in the Spring. While it will still technically be in the South (can't get much further North and still be below the Mason Dixon Line), it will be much more easy to get to for all the Yankee's.

So for all of you that have been wanting to get to a Fat Car Shootout, but couldn't make the long trip, well here's your chance. For all of you down South that want to show them lazy Yanks how it's done, then load up and haul your junk across the Eastern Seaboard like so many have for 10 plus years.

Click the link, find out what its all about, pre-register and then spread the word!

• What: Northern Super Heavy Shootout is Drag Racing event for cars, trucks, SUV's, etc. that weigh a Minimum of 4,000 pounds with driver. Yes, there will be scales!
  • When: May 19th, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
  • Where: Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun Maryland
  • Why: Because SIZE Matters!

· Registered
3,651 Posts
Is this heads up or Index? Also it says something about being rear wheel drive?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this heads up or Index? Also it says something about being rear wheel drive?
There is both, a 12.0 Heads up Index and couple Heads up first to the stripe.

All Wheel Drive is acceptable. The point of the rear wheel rule was that the rear wheels need to be powered. I'm sure there will be plenty of TBSS at the race. The reason for the rule is a funny story, but a little outdated now, so a front wheel drive sedan is welcome. We have other ways to keep the minivans out. ;)

Race classes can be found here... nshs.ecirs.org/classes-event/classes

Bracket Classes:
  • Street - 14.0 and slower
  • Heavy - 13.99 and faster

Heads Up Classes:
  • 12.0 Index
  • Pro Street - Limited Power Adder (1 Power Adder < 5.7L < No Power adders).
  • Big Dog - Run what ya brung!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys what's up? Are you still thinking about last year, or preparing for this year? Are you working on new mods and stepping up your game? Don't miss this event where Size Matters! Come throw your weight around at one of the best tracks in the North East and enjoy the good times with other heavy weights in multiple different classes including the Big Dogs, run whatcha brung, and hope you brung enough!

Don't miss the pre-registration discount... nshs.ecirs.org/registration/register

See you there!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, it looks like the TrailBlazer SS crowd is bringing some heavy hitters to the race. So far there a two pre-registered and several more on the fence, including a low 10 second TBSS.

http://nshs.ecirs.org/registration/participants

As of now there is only one Cherokee SRT8 signed up, but I'm sure he'd like some Mopar company.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, unfortunately the date will change.

Thanks for all those that voted, and it was a VERY close call, but the new date will be...

Drum roll please....

The NEW date for the Northern Super Heavy Shootout is:​

SATURDAY MAY 19TH​

This was just the best date all the way around as it fits better with almost all other car clubs as well as the ECIRS schedule, and keeps with the tradition of a Saturday night blowout party back at the hotel. The long haulers can then have Sunday as a day of travel and others a day of recovery.

I hope that those that were not able to attend before can now find a way to make it, and I apologize to those that will no longer be able to attend due to conflicts with the new date. Hopefully next year, if there is a next year, we won't have to go through this again because the track work will be done. Also, and to that end, I'll plan it for a little later in the spring as March is just too damn early for most.

Anyone that has already pre-paid that now needs a refund, just send an email to [email protected].

· Registered
5,005 Posts
bcm0018, thanks that would be great! Rally the troops! Otherwise the Chevy's and TBSS's will run the joint!

Cecil is repaving the whole track, won't be ready by 3/31 so...

**** DATE CHANGE - New date is May 19th! *******
I keep in touch with Paul, Keoni, and Jason for the turbo crowd and Jake and Jay for the SC crowd along with a few other stroked guys and a few H/C setups. When the time comes I'll see who I can rally.

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
I will consider hitting this event up.

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.