Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Cherokee SRT8 forum, but I've been on several forums for my cars...so I'm new and I'm not. I have serious OCD/ADD (as I'm sure a plethora of other psychological ailments) which explains my collection, but I have a love for our four-wheeled friends and the SRT8 was a recent acquisition (02/14/2012 to be exact). I've already used the search function, found what I needed to know about my new ride (BWoody upgrades en route as I type this), so yeah...I love forums dedicated to a specific model. It's great it exists, and of course I knew there was a reason I wanted this particular Jeep. I've never liked SUVs, and certainly not Jeeps, but ever since I saw the Cherokee SRT8 I lusted for it...

I don't know what exactly it is about it. It's really not just one thing, I guess you could say it's the presentation that drew me. Then I drove one, and was so impressed with the quality and capability, I added it to my list.

So in addition to my '91 Toyota MR2 Turbo, '05 Audi S4, and '94 Honda Del Sol, I also own the SRT8. I have a rule, if it doesn't make me smile when I drive it, it's not worth driving. Might as well drive a shoebox or a crate that's stamped with 'Warning: Boring as Hell, drive with caution' in heat-branded scorched lettering on the side. I can assure you, my SRT8 brings me a big 'ol grin no matter where I'm at.

Though, I will say that I never get tired of people doing a double-take sitting at a light in it. The same one I did, first time I saw it...

'What is that, an SUV? Wait, what? OMFGBBQ!' Yeah. Like that.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum :D

I know most, if not all, of us here have seen an SRT8, but pictures are always welcome ;) :D (and many times demanded :D )

Any more info on your recent purchase? Year, miles, color, mods, etc...

If you managed to find one still stock, grab a catch can, first thing. Then worry about intake/tune etc... ;)

Enjoy the ride!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
WHERE ARE DA PICS?? oh and welcome to the forum ;)

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Welcome to the site, and as you already know, lots of great info here

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WHERE ARE DA PICS?? oh and welcome to the forum ;)
Yes, I apologize, I did indeed forget the pics. She's bone-stock at the moment, but I presume that will change. I've got the catch can from Billet Technologies on the way, as well as a BWoody set of springs and later on probably a BWoody or Mopar intake. After that, I like the sound of the Stainless exhaust, so will most likely pony out the dough for that. Once I find some decent rotors and put some Michelin Pilots on it, that will pretty much round out the first tier of upgrades.

I may port-and-polish one day, but tier two will be an LSD at least for the rear. Can't seem to find an LSD for the front, yet so that will be a hunt.

Who knows what tier three will be. Maybe that port-and-polish. Or maybe a stroker kit. Hard to say right now...

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
welcome to the forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.