Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i everyone today I lifted my gig and after rotating the wheels I heared a clunk between the front and rear diferential (tranfer case) I just want to know if this is normal. Sorry if this had been covered or anyone has a solution.

My current simpthoms are
1.- at low rpms I hear a clunk downshifting (between 2nd a 1st gear)

2.- at cruise accelerating I hear a humming and feels on the pedal a vibration.

Please tell me Im being paranoid or take it to the stealership

see the two video of the clunk

http://youtu.be/SF2icU3NqsY

http://youtu.be/YyaVOnQ4HMI

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
i everyone today I lifted my gig and after rotating the wheels I heared a clunk between the front and rear diferential (tranfer case) I just want to know if this is normal. Sorry if this had been covered or anyone has a solution.

My current simpthoms are
1.- at low rpms I hear a clunk downshifting (between 2nd a 1st gear)

2.- at cruise accelerating I hear a humming and feels on the pedal a vibration.

Please tell me Im being paranoid or take it to the stealership

see the two video of the clunk

http://youtu.be/SF2icU3NqsY

http://youtu.be/YyaVOnQ4HMI

Have you checked your front axle bushings? Harrison found a few Jeeps with this issue.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59952

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 2012 Jeep SRT8 and immediately noticed the same clunking sound when vehicle downshifts (seems to be from 3rd to 2nd) and when accelerating, I hear the same noise. No one in shop can figure out what the issue is...SOMEONE please help~

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
I had the clunking issue and mine was cured with a new stock Valvebody in the transmission and the part alone is around 767.00 IIRC... If I coasted the Jeep in auto stick mode I would not hear any clunking. The only time it would clunk would be in Drive and from 2nd to 1st gear. Now I hear no clunk what so ever.... What you hear is the slop in the Rear diff and the valvebody seems to control it and mine is fine now...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the clunking issue and mine was cured with a new stock Valvebody in the transmission and the part alone is around 767.00 IIRC... If I coasted the Jeep in auto stick mode I would not hear any clunking. The only time it would clunk would be in Drive and from 2nd to 1st gear. Now I hear no clunk what so ever.... What you hear is the slop in the Rear diff and the valvebody seems to control it and mine is fine now...

thanks Knuckles

if its possible that you have the part number??

thanks anyway !!!!:)

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
thanks Knuckles

if its possible that you have the part number??

thanks anyway !!!!:)
Anytime bro!!

Looking at the work order now and I have the part number below. I would check with your local delaer or the internet before buying one. Normally I find stuff cheaper online then at a dealer. I just Googled the part number with out the dash and found some for 400 or so in the internet and one on Ebay for 495.00...

P/N: 52108213-AB

Reactions: dario_aa

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm trying to do a little follow up on this. I have the same problem as both of those vids. It's driving me nuts; I've been to multiple dealerships, no one knows what it is... etc.

Is the valve body the definite culprit here? Dario, have you found a fix? Did the valve body work? I have to get this fixed, I can't stand it anymore.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I have a clunking problem with my jeep as well.
My rig is turning out to be a factory POS. I still love it though.
One more visit about this problem without a solution then Lemon Law should be in effect, right. Been to the dealership twice over this already. The rear end has been replaced and drive shafts have been retightened and greased.
What are the steps for getting it "Lemoned"?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think mine started clunking too. When it's cold I can hear it. In drive tapping the gas I hear it. And on down shifts. Once it warms up appears to go away. 75k on mine so far. Gonna investigate some more.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
I think mine started clunking too. When it's cold I can hear it. In drive tapping the gas I hear it. And on down shifts. Once it warms up appears to go away. 75k on mine so far. Gonna investigate some more.
I had the valvebody replaced around 17k and now I am at 41k bro... Mine cold or warmed up it will not clunk on downshifts... Keep us posted on what you find out....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts