Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last day or two I have been noticing noise and almost bottoming out on my front driver side when I go over larger bumps and pot holes. Is my front shock blown or could it be something else? I hoping its something covered under warranty. Thanks for the help!

BT

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Sounds like your front strut in the driverside to me? Are you lowered or have you installed any suspension parts lately?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm not lowered. Stock set-up. Damn it! I only have 30k on it. Whats the cost to replace? I have an appointment scheduled at 2 today. I'm not taking it to the dealer. Taking it to a local guy.

BT

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
No, I'm not lowered. Stock set-up. Damn it! I only have 30k on it. Whats the cost to replace? I have an appointment scheduled at 2 today. I'm not taking it to the dealer. Taking it to a local guy.

BT
Oh ok..... Yeah not many miles on your Rig yet.. Who knows could be something easy, but you won"t know until they look at it.. I know shocks for the rear are around 600 to 700, but I have no idea what they cost for the front. I assume if it is the driverside strut that you would want to replace them in pairs....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I just called the local dealer to see how much for the strut. 242.00 for the part and another 131.00 in labor. That is just for the driver side. I hope its something else. I have a 3rd party warranty and it seems to cover a lot of the suspension/steering parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts