Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah this was posted a few days ago, don't know if they are on here or not. Funny video though, LMFAO as his camera almost gets run over twice!:rofl:

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Reactions: pclutch

·
innerfartbox
65 Posts
A few on here, including myself, found the factory tips strange looking (like Shrek's ear lol). Reason I asked. Got pictures/vids with the factory tips on the new pipes?
Well, a vagina would look pretty strange if it werent attached to a woman. When their on the car I think they look great. No pictures, looks factory.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
The guy has balls it sounds a little raw he went over the 2 3/4 factory stainless with what I don't believe that was 3" stainless.I would have put the tips back on.I give him alot of credit.He spend the money on the Jeep don't hold back on the rest

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Love the vids. I think the jeep sounded best with the pipes cut off..You could clearly hear the cam and it sounded the most aggressive that way compared to the other setups!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, I picked up my silver '12 yesterday, and giving my inclination to go with low-buck mods, I'm guessing I'll tackle this one. Maybe this week.

20% front tint goes on today. Next, hack out the mufflers, install straight extenders, and use the stock tips. That's all I know for sure right now.

On the horizon might be a debadge, roof/hood louvre paint, SRT emblem gussy up, and some interior stuff. But I'll spend some time thinking about all that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got mine done today. Looks same as stock. Sounds WAAAY better, especially at WOT!!!

Took it to a local muffler shop. They cut both mufflers out (rather than un-clamping the drivers side one and just cutting the passenger side one off because it was faster).

The also cut the tips off.

They bent a couple pieces of 3" pipe, welded a couple hangers one, and welded them to the pipes on the truck, then welded the tips on.

It looks same as stock.

Cost: $185

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been lurking for a while, but this is something I did to my Challenger. I cut out the resonators, with the stock tips back. It sounds awesome.

I question whether or not this affects the AEV's everyone posts about. I know people dont buy these with the intention of good gas mileage, but a 50% drop could be devastating.

Any input on whether this mod affects the AEV's negatively? I know there are a few companies (Corsa, Borla), who are trying their damndest to tackle this issue. How are your guy's gas mileage with this?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.