Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
soo i got the V2 medic hood ordered up amd mow ordering my nitto nto5r's for the upcomming season and ill be ordering my torque coverter in 3 weeks once i hit dyno and get 2 or 3 good runs/wot with no spin at launch. my ? is what do you guys air down the nto5r's to at the track??? im leaving the vreds on in the front and using the nto5r's on the rear,\. on the street il use all vreds. also whats the widest nt05r we can put on the rear?? same 315/35/20?

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
soo i got the V2 medic hood ordered up amd mow ordering my nitto nto5r's for the upcomming season and ill be ordering my torque coverter in 3 weeks once i hit dyno and get 2 or 3 good runs/wot with no spin at launch. my ? is what do you guys air down the nto5r's to at the track??? im leaving the vreds on in the front and using the nto5r's on the rear,\. on the street il use all vreds. also whats the widest nt05r we can put on the rear?? same 315/35/20?

Yes, air down the NT05R. 20-25 psi works well....if you run them too low, you can damage the sidewall. 315/35/20 is the widest that will fit.

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Start at 20-25 like said above and keep adding air if it hooks. When it starts to spin, drop a bit of air back out. You will run faster with more air in the tires vs. lower.

Reactions: petersrt8

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
I run mine at roughly 17-19 PSI...

Reactions: petersrt8

· Registered
8,243 Posts
Yeah the 315 NT05R needs to at least be on the 10" stock rear wheel.

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats what i didi this past season with the vreds. started them at like 38 in rear and 40 infront. if i spun i took about 2lbs out eacht ime. .thnaks fellaws. ordering them tomorrow and ill have the vs medic hood in about 4 weeks. also gonna relocate my battery to start making room for piupework for the procharger.. do you guys know what gauge wire i need to extend the battery wire to the rear cargo area?? gonna mount it inbtween the 2 nos bottles and behind the subwoofer. my rear wood piece i fabed up for the nos tanks is ready to go and im picking it up tomorrow. nos tanks will be on the far sides then im relocating the sub dead center but up close to the rea hatch then im mounting the battery right behind it in a vented battery box.... im siked

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
also gonna relocate my battery to start making room for piupework for the procharger.. do you guys know what gauge wire i need to extend the battery wire to the rear cargo area?? gonna mount it inbtween the 2 nos bottles and behind the subwoofer. my rear wood piece i fabed up for the nos tanks is ready to go and im picking it up tomorrow. nos tanks will be on the far sides then im relocating the sub dead center but up close to the rea hatch then im mounting the battery right behind it in a vented battery box.... im siked

If you relocate the battery to the rear, NHRA rules says you must have an external shut-off switch in the rear of the vehicle.......which gets tricky with an SUV. I think the battery must also be in a sealed box, vented to the outside.

Master Disconnect Switch: Whenever a battery is relocated to the trunk or vehicle runs 9.99 or quicker or exceeds
135 mph, the vehicle must be equipped with an external master disconnect switch. This switch must be clearly
labeled and immediately disconnect the positive side of the battery. If switch is “push/pull” type” push must be the
action for shutting off the electrical system. To determine if the switch operates properly a tech inspector will turn off
the switch with the engine running. If this action does not immediately shut down the engine then the switch is wired
improperly and the vehicle shall fail the inspection. Drivers should ensure the alternator charge wire is routed to the
battery side of the switch. This isolates the alternator from the rest of the electrical system. Drivers should check with
the switch manufacturer to ensure it is properly installed. Refer to NHRA Rulebook section 8:4 for further clarification.
In all cases the master disconnect switch, including an OEM style ignition switch, must also shut off the electric fuel
pump(s) regardless of battery location.

· Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Joe,
Why would you relocate the battery for a Procharger when the Procharger is now made for the Jeep and doesn't need relocation?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
8,243 Posts
Joe,
Why would you relocate the battery for a Procharger when the Procharger is now made for the Jeep and doesn't need relocation?

Dats the cool thing to do...u aint hurd 

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you relocate the battery to the rear, NHRA rules says you must have an external shut-off switch in the rear of the vehicle.......which gets tricky with an SUV. I think the battery must also be in a sealed box, vented to the outside.

Master Disconnect Switch: Whenever a battery is relocated to the trunk or vehicle runs 9.99 or quicker or exceeds
135 mph, the vehicle must be equipped with an external master disconnect switch. This switch must be clearly
labeled and immediately disconnect the positive side of the battery. If switch is “push/pull” type” push must be the
action for shutting off the electrical system. To determine if the switch operates properly a tech inspector will turn off
the switch with the engine running. If this action does not immediately shut down the engine then the switch is wired
improperly and the vehicle shall fail the inspection. Drivers should ensure the alternator charge wire is routed to the
battery side of the switch. This isolates the alternator from the rest of the electrical system. Drivers should check with
the switch manufacturer to ensure it is properly installed. Refer to NHRA Rulebook section 8:4 for further clarification.
In all cases the master disconnect switch, including an OEM style ignition switch, must also shut off the electric fuel
pump(s) regardless of battery location.

i know i read all that. no biggie.lol

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Joe,

its not like the vortech setup. it has an air to air intercooler so the blower sits on the lewft side where a bwoody would be and i believe the pipe comming up comes up right where the battery is then bends into the TB. i think. if im wrong correct me someone

· Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
its not like the vortech setup. it has an air to air intercooler so the blower sits on the lewft side where a bwoody would be and i believe the pipe comming up comes up right where the battery is then bends into the TB. i think. if im wrong correct me someone
Battery is still in its normal place in this video.

· Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Joe,
You do not need to relocate one single thing. Consider yourself corrected, buddy! Lol!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.