Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any feedback with these in the rain??good not good?? debating getting them or just staying with the vreds in the rear.if i go nittos in rear ill keep the vreds upfront

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
They'll drive OK if they're fresh in the wet, don't drive like it's a hot day in the wet and you'll be fine, I've ran 555rs and 05rs on super wet conditions during tropical storm season and all down here but I always accelerate with minimal throttle. They are great to have for track use but wear will be a lot faster then the vreds you have currently.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Remember the less groves in the tire to channel the water away the slippery there going to be. I remember once i had a set of cheater slicks on my 68 ply road runner with just 2 groves in them and on the way home from long beach drag strip it started to rain and oh boy i was all over the road.

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gotcha thanks skip. i havnt forgetten to call you either. just been busy as hell. ill call you in about a weeki to talk about the setup i wanna go with

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
They are bad and slippery Joe , be careful as there's basically no tread on them . I wouldn't even consider running them as a DD imo .

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
jim i hear you. i wouldnt be driving too much in the rain tho. only driving my jeep now cause my beater has been in thje shop for a while. should have it back soo tho

im figuring once the beater is back i can just leave the rear drags on but i am ready to order them. i waould put them on right away tho cause im driving around with a plugged sidewall right now:eek:

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
Say what? Who's this guy talking about?

No problem Joe, whenever you're ready man. Like a lot of these guys have already said, it would be a waste to run them on the streets, the life on the tread will be very minimal due to the super soft compound and the quality of roads nowadays...esp in the big cites...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I drove about 50 or so miles in a pretty bad storm on the way back from NY and they did pretty decent for what they are. Accelerating going up hill was a little challenging, the traction control light would flash if I tried to gain any speed. I would hydro plane a little too but not too much.

They are definitely not made to drive in a down pour, but in light rain they seemed fine. The jeep is my wife's DD and she didn't have any problems.

If they lasted longer or I actually took the jeep to the track I would buy them again. I think I'm going with vreds this time.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
I drove about 50 or so miles in a pretty bad storm on the way back from NY and they did pretty decent for what they are. Accelerating going up hill was a little challenging, the traction control light would flash if I tried to gain any speed. I would hydro plane a little too but not too much.

They are definitely not made to drive in a down pour, but in light rain they seemed fine. The jeep is my wife's DD and she didn't have any problems.

If they lasted longer or I actually took the jeep to the track I would buy them again. I think I'm going with vreds this time.

So you are saying you put NT05R drag tires on your wifes jeep for her to DD and it never sees the drag strip??? What am I missing here ?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just noticed he was asking about the nt05r's, I just had the nt05's so not sure how much the difference is.

But to answer your question yes, i was getting the invo's but they were on back order and got the nt05's for a good price so I wanted to try them. Just to note, she does driver he jeep just as hard as I do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.