Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I recently ditched my stock runflats on my srt8 and went with the Nitto NT-420s and wow what a diffrence. I highly recommend these all season tires to you guys running 20inch wheels

The ride quality is great. compared to the stock tires these run very smooth... No road noise what so ever.

Its raining like crazy in md/pa today so I really got to test out the handling in the rain with these tires... I tell you no complaints what so ever...

These tires are great for any kind of weather condition so if you are thinking about purchasing snow tires... Why not get these and you would be able to run them all season...

255-45-20 Front
285-40-20 Rear
Stock Tires Sizes for the Srt8

Cherokee SRT8 Member Price:$740.00

Here are pictures of my srt8 with these tires.

Shoot me a email or pm if anybodys interested.. If you guys wants to do a group by in let me know!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I mean the thread depth isn't too deep. They look like tires that are half worn to me. Maybe it's just me. My Goodyears with 18k miles have more tread.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe it's just me but I mean the thread depth isn't too deep. They look like tires that are half worn to me. Maybe it's just me. My Goodyears with 18k miles have more tread.
Im sorry the pictures don't do justice, When I get into the shop tomorrow I will take pictures of tread depth... There are no comparison to these tires and the Goodyears... The Goodyear's ride rough as hell to me due to the fact of them being run flats... And with these Nittos the ride is incredibly a night and day difference, and since they are Nitto they have less chance of being back ordered vs Goodyear.

·
Registered
928 Posts
If your looking for tread depth the Toyos Proxes S/T's have grooves deep enough to loose whole nickels in. Very aggressive pattern and large deep treads. I have been driving mine through all types of weather (except snow because we have not got any) but they are a great tire and have a M+S rating. I looked at the Nittos 420's but decided on the Toyos.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
just for curiosities sake, are these available in the 315 and 275 sizes? I've got meat left on my goodyears, but I'm starting to research other options for the future....

Are they an allseason? I live in Wisconsin, so this thing will be driven in snow....

·
Banned
842 Posts
Rim Protector

No rim protector and they dont look as wide as the Michelins......although these are half the price.

·
Banned
1,698 Posts
Are they an allseason? I live in Wisconsin, so this thing will be driven in snow....
From first post.............

Its raining like crazy in md/pa today so I really got to test out the handling in the rain with these tires... I tell you no complaints what so ever...

These tires are great for any kind of weather condition so if you are thinking about purchasing snow tires... Why not get these and you would be able to run them all season...

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
well personally i wouldnt try running these in the snow...i have had these on now for about 1000miles or so and love them, good in the rain, just skip trying them for the winter mess...i picked up some pirelli scorpions for the snow. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts